Aurix parallel execution in multi-core

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19751
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I am using aurix TC233 micro controller.

I want the same function to be executed from multiple core (core 0, 1 and 2).
But the function should execute in parallel, each core should have its own instance of execution (independent local variables etc)
Also the function uses global variable shared across all cores.

How I can do this.
0 Likes
3 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The TC233 has only core 0 other core don't exist.
Otherwise you should check the documentation of used compiler how you can use the compiler in a multicore environment.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Well, first... it's important to note that the TC233 only has one core. If you need three cores, consider the TC277 or TC297.

Once you have a CPU with three cores, the rest is relatively simple - any variables declared within the function will be on each CPU's stack, so no conflicts there.

When you say "uses global variable", what does that mean - who updates the variable?

In general, to avoid problems with global variables and the data cache: put global variables in LMU RAM, and change the value of each CPU's PMA0 register from the default value of 0x300 to 0x100, so that LMU RAM is not cached.
0 Likes
Dragon
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Is there any documentation or tutorial availlable which explains the mentioned steps?

How is it possible to place variables in theLMU RAM?

How is it possible to change the default value of the CPU's PMA0 register?

Thanks and BR,

Florian

0 Likes