Aurix TC3xx EVADC result valid flag DMA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
_TheCableGuy
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hello

If the ADC group results are read via DMA, should I expect the result valid flag to be 0xxxxxxxx or 8xxxxxxx on the RAM destination address? At the moment I can see 8xxxxxxx on both source register and destination RAM

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @_TheCableGuy 

1) Should I expect the result valid flag to be 0xxxxxxxx or 8xxxxxxx on the RAM destination address?
-- It depends on the situation in you read the GxRESy register, for instance, if the DMA request is activated by a new result, the valid flag should be 0x8xxxxxxx in the RAM destination, otherwise, it should be 0xxxxxxxx.

2023-06-12_10h03_07.png
BR,
Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @_TheCableGuy 

1) Should I expect the result valid flag to be 0xxxxxxxx or 8xxxxxxx on the RAM destination address?
-- It depends on the situation in you read the GxRESy register, for instance, if the DMA request is activated by a new result, the valid flag should be 0x8xxxxxxx in the RAM destination, otherwise, it should be 0xxxxxxxx.

2023-06-12_10h03_07.png
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes

Many thanks. So in this case the DMA trigger is the ADC end of conversion so 0x8xxxxxx is expected