Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JackaryZhang
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi Infineon experts:

I'm using TC3XX series, I want to know how to use GTM_TIM (TIM_EXT_CAPTURE)as a trigger source to trigger a GTM_ATOM channel in SOMP mode?Is there an external input signal connected to port pin (TIM input)needed?

JackaryZhang_0-1694600983021.png

I know the The GTM_TIM channel itself can connect to GTM_ATOM channel internally.

My expections are:

(1)No external signals as TIM channel input

(2)TIM channel can set a timer(e.g. 500us), and after the timer reached the desired value(500us), a trigger a generated to reset the CN0 value of the connected GTM_ATOM channel.

Can anyone give me some help? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Dear @JackaryZhang ,
Thanks for your further clarification.
According to your description, the updating mechanism is able to meet your demand actually, it's available to create a periodic ISR function to implement the HOST_TRIG to update the channels' behavior.
Moreover, I've attached the link for an application note for reference.

https://www.bosch-semiconductors.com/media/ip_modules/pdf_2/gtm/gtm_ip_an012_atom_v03.pdf
BR,
Jeremy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jeremy_Z
250 sign-ins 100 likes received 750 replies posted

Hi @JackaryZhang 
1) I want to know how to use GTM_TIM (TIM_EXT_CAPTURE)as a trigger source to trigger a GTM_ATOM channel in SOMP mode?
-- Yes, TIM_EXT_CAPTURE is able to be a trigger.

2023-09-14_14h19_54.png
2) Is there an external input signal connected to port pin (TIM input)needed?
-- Yes, I think so if you want to the TIM_EXT_CAPTURE generate a trigger periodically.

2023-09-14_14h16_36.png
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes

Hi Jeremy:

Thanks very much for your support!

I would like to describe my problem in more details, I'm trying to use ATOM1_0--ATOM1_7 to generate 3 Phase center aligned PWM.

I refered to AP32540 and got below picture:

JackaryZhang_0-1694680577828.png

There is a CH0 as reference channel and other 6 channels are center aligned with channel 0.

I understand this picture, CH0 is a trigger of CH1 And CH1 is a trigger of CH2....

However, In our current hardware design, there is no CH0,and ATOM[i]_CH0 is U phaze high,

ATOM[i]_CH1 is U phaze low, ATOM[i]_CH2 is V phaze high....

That's why I want to find a trigger for CH0(U phaze high).

Currently I have 2 solutions:

1.Use TIM_EXT_CAPTURE to trigger CH0, But Can I use TIM internally?(without external signal input       to TIM pin?...),e.g. Just use TIM to set a period as trigger source of ATOM[i]_CH0?

2.Use U phaze high as the master trigger, But other 6 channels are not center aligned..

0 Likes

Hi @JackaryZhang 
According to the above figure, it's hard to find out the interaction between these channels, in my opinion, the CH0 PWM's period is identical to other channels, they can be independent, if the assumption is right, just configure these channels to generate the corresponding PWMs is enough.
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks again for your reply.

Actually I want to update 6 ATOM channels the same time(Syncronize update),  If there is a CH0 as a reference channel just like depicted in the AP32540, then that's fine. But in this way I need 7 channels(1 reference channel + 6pwm channel) to relaize 6 channels center aligned PWM.

However, Currently I only have 6 channels(no reference channel 0,restricted by HW), So I can't use the control method described in the AP32540.

Today I read the UserManual again and find another way, that is the HOST_TRIG and Force Update.  I hope that I can use this way to relaize 6 center aligned PWM, I'm still under research.

JackaryZhang_0-1694773853559.png

JackaryZhang_1-1694774173166.png

Hope you could understand my problem, If I understand something wrong or you don't understand my problem, please let me know

Thanks for your patience.

BestRegards,

Zhang

0 Likes

Dear @JackaryZhang ,
Thanks for your further clarification.
According to your description, the updating mechanism is able to meet your demand actually, it's available to create a periodic ISR function to implement the HOST_TRIG to update the channels' behavior.
Moreover, I've attached the link for an application note for reference.

https://www.bosch-semiconductors.com/media/ip_modules/pdf_2/gtm/gtm_ip_an012_atom_v03.pdf
BR,
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy,  I will have a try.

0 Likes