Aurix TC 397 QSPI BACON Register configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArtmeierT
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello, I'am new in the Community.

I have an very special question. We have an Aurix TC397 in our product. To test the device and the hardware arround we have an special software called UTSW which was developed by an colleague which has left the company. 

The software allows to read and write any register of the Aurix. We can also perform SPI communication with other devices and and and.

Now the question:

I want to exchange the CS - CLK timing. Out of the Datasheet I know that i have to influence somehow the BACON register. What I have seen is, that I cannot write directly into the BACON. So I thougt I have to write into the BACONENTRY register. But what do I have to do that the parameters are transfered afterwards to the BACON register. I would expect that I can use afterwards my SPI transfer function which is using than the new timing parameters.

Thanks for any support

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, attached is a  bare metal QSPI example, it does not use any library, instead writes to the QSPI registers directly , 

this way is easier to understand how the QSPI operates.

Note: BACON register defines the configuration of the data to be transmitted, for example, MSB, slave, size, etc.

dataentry is the actual data to be transmitted, as master AURIX provides the clock.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, attached is a  bare metal QSPI example, it does not use any library, instead writes to the QSPI registers directly , 

this way is easier to understand how the QSPI operates.

Note: BACON register defines the configuration of the data to be transmitted, for example, MSB, slave, size, etc.

dataentry is the actual data to be transmitted, as master AURIX provides the clock.

0 Likes
ArtmeierT
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thanks a lot for the quick response. With the example I was able to understand the topic and to go on with my coding

0 Likes