Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
Hello,
I`m working with the KIT_A2G_TC397XA_TFT accidentally locked the device and cannot even connect it to MemTool anymore. DAS says "DEVICE_LOCKED". Most probably selected, by mistake, the boot option as “Generic Bootstrap Loader Mode (ASC / CAN).
I wonder if there’s a way to overcome this.
Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
10 Replies
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

u mean u selected "Generic Bootstrap Loader Mode (ASC / CAN)" by mistake?
u configured the BMI -> HWCFG in the UCB_BMHDx?
are u able to change the UCB_BMHDx back to "Internal start from flash"?

Did u erased the UCB_BMHDx w/o programming new values?
what tools are u using to program the board?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
10 likes given 50 likes received 500 replies posted
What is the state of the reset LED? They is always on or off?
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
MoD wrote:
What is the state of the reset LED? They is always on or off?


Thanks for replying. The reset LED is always off
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
VincentWan wrote:
Hi,

u mean u selected "Generic Bootstrap Loader Mode (ASC / CAN)" by mistake?
u configured the BMI -> HWCFG in the UCB_BMHDx?
are u able to change the UCB_BMHDx back to "Internal start from flash"?

Did u erased the UCB_BMHDx w/o programming new values?
what tools are u using to program the board?


Hi, Thanks for answering!
unfortunately i can't connect the device using the Memtool, and i did not erased the UCB_BMHDx. I was using the HighTec IDE with UDE, but also tried with Memtool
0 Likes
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

u can try connecting Memtool via BSL/ASC mode?
and then reprogram the correct BMI->HWCFG.

4555.attach
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
VincentWan wrote:
Hi,

u can try connecting Memtool via BSL/ASC mode?
and then reprogram the correct BMI->HWCFG.

4555.attach


Thanks again for your reply,
I've tried to connect again using Memtool but the it says that it can't establish connection to target
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
10 likes given 50 likes received 500 replies posted
You select the correct COM of the board?
If you are able to make changes on the board then you can change the boot mode by assembling R272 with a resistor 10K size 0603 and R142 with a resistor 2K2 size 0603. If you set the PINDIS bit in the BMI then this will not work.
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
MoD wrote:
You select the correct COM of the board?
If you are able to make changes on the board then you can change the boot mode by assembling R272 with a resistor 10K size 0603 and R142 with a resistor 2K2 size 0603. If you set the PINDIS bit in the BMI then this will not work.


Yes, the COM is correct, it is also displaying the board in the DAS. I'll proceed with the assembling idea.
Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
ikkowins wrote:
Yes, the COM is correct, it is also displaying the board in the DAS. I'll proceed with the assembling idea.
Thanks for your help!


I removed the R133 and assembled the R142 with a 2K2 resistor, this solved my problem and the board is now working normally. Is necessary to undo this process? what are the consequences to leave the board like this?
Anyway, my problem is solved. Thanks for all the support
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
10 likes given 50 likes received 500 replies posted
The board can be leave in this state. Now the device will use always HWCFG4 and 5 for selecting the boot mode. HWCFG4 and 5 are high normally and boot from internal flash is selected. Please note that in case of no valid BMHD available then the pins are ignored also when the BMI is programmed with bit PINDIS set.
0 Likes