Aurix 2G GPIO Pad Input Mode Activation for multiple peripheral [Analog and Digital] in software

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
baexps_pr1
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hello Support,

Is there any limit that GPIO Port Pins cannot be used in software for multiple peripherals [Analog and Digital mode] at the same time?

I am assuming ALTIN signal as shown the attached picture always goes to all the intended Analog and Digital peripheral.

Only the software register contents for respective peripheral selects the value to be read or corresponding peripheral to function.

For example, in the example shown below, can we use the same pin for CAN Receive as well as ADC data capture of the same signal voltage along with some GTM Timer to measure waveform data?

Or, it is not allowed to switch on multiple peripherals on the same Input GPIO Pin because of internal architecture limitation?

Please provide some details.

GPIO_Analog.png

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
MarkusNoll
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

Hello,
on the mixed analog-/digital pins, the digital functionality must be activated in the PDISC register.
The analog-input functionality can be always used.
Once configured for digital usage, all modules which receive the signal can be used at the same time to get data from this single pin.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DownyK
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

as i know, some functions can be used simultaneosly on same pin. 

but I don't know all functions can be used... 

0 Likes
MarkusNoll
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

Hello,
on the mixed analog-/digital pins, the digital functionality must be activated in the PDISC register.
The analog-input functionality can be always used.
Once configured for digital usage, all modules which receive the signal can be used at the same time to get data from this single pin.