Aurix 2G DAP initialization Failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
Hello,

SW was working fine with the debugger connected. I flashed valid BMHD to let the ECU running without debugger. ECU startup without debugger only one time then when i tried to connect the ECU using the debugger to flash i got " DAP initialization error". The internal WDG is integrated so i expect that SW triggered WDG failures and the ECU is locked. I checked the ESR0 pin but i found that it is connected to pull up resistor so it will be always high. Could anyone help?. Note: HWCFG pins are disconnected and the flashed BMHD was configured to start from internal flash and diasable HWCFG pins.

Thanks
0 Likes
15 Replies
CookieMonster11
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted
What did you flash as BMHD? Are the CRCs correct?
In case no valid BMHD is found the controller will go into a different boot mode (bootstrap) and wait in an endless loop to receive the expected data.
What is the logic level of PORST, ESR0, ESR1?
Is there an external watchdog connected that might not be served due to startup issues and then resets the controller?
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks for your reply. The Flashed BMHD is valid. CRC and inverted values are correct. Values were reviewed many times. Also After flashing the ECU with this BMHD, ECU running once without debugger.
Logic levels of :
ESR0: I checked the schematic. It is output pin and connected with external pull-up resistor. So it is high.
PORST: permanent low
ESR1: Input pin, i will check the value.

Yes, there is external watchdog. Aurix connected with TLF35584. If the WDG reset the controller due to startup issues, could this lead to controller locking?. Is continuous reset triggered by TLF35584 may lead to such behavior?. I searched in TLF35584 datasheet but i did not find something like this.
Note: I disabled the external WDG of TLF35584 by connecting the MPS pin to ground.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
There is anything wrong with your measurement. As long the PORST is low also the ESR0 will be low. The described behavior (ESR0 high and PORST low is only possible when ESR0 is not connected). State of ESR1 has no influence. Set MPS of TLF35584 to ground enables the protection features. If MPS is low and there is no communication with the TLF35584 the TLF35584 will be shut off. If you use a TriBoard then the board comes with disabled safety features of TLF35584 (MPS is high). TLF35584 should be available from myicp, please see also https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/dc-dc-converters/power-management-ics-pmic/optireg-pmi...
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
ESR0 pin connected to external pull up reset. I reset the MPS pin, it is high not low. Note: It is not Triboard.
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
Also TRST pin has not external pull up resistor. Is this could be the reason?.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
TRST has an internal pull-down, so that's a strong possibility.
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
Sorry it is TDI pin which has no external pull down. Also i flashed the same SW to triboard and my ECU, ECU was licked while triboard is ok. However there external and internal WDG are disabled. Is wrong port configuration could lead to such a behavior?.
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
I have two locked ECUs. One is working normally until i did changes in port configurations. Once it flashed, DAP is locked. I found the i configured the TDO pin as output pin while it shall be input - pull up. I assume that if there is something wrong in DAP configuration, ECU will be locked. but i can not verify to avoid corrupting another ECU. So which ports leads to device lock if they have wrong configuration?.
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
Note: Target is TC387.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
UC_wrangler wrote:
TRST has an internal pull-down, so that's a strong possibility.

This is only valid for TC2XX. TC3XX has internal pull-up on TRST
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Which debugger you are using? What are the error messages from debugger?
What is the state of signals PORST, ESR0?
What are the external connections on the debug pins (TRST, TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO)?
You execute LBIST in your code?
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
Isystem debugger. error message: Once i flashed the CPU, i got message "Can not stop CPU". So i reflashed again ang get -> : Failed to initialize debug session" . Console: DAP initialization failed.
PORST is low. I did not measure ESR0 as it has external pull up.
TRST: pulled up.
TCK: no external connections.
TMS: no external conncetion
TDI: no external conncetion
TD0: no external conncetion
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
As long the PORST is low, there will be no communication possible.
Check who drive PORST to low. If it is the CPU, then check all supplies that they are available. Also check the external pull-up on PORST if they is brocken then the PORST will be also on (internal pull-down active).
0 Likes
User19266
Level 2
Level 2
HWCFG[1] and HWCFG[2] has pull down resistor. Is this could force PORST to be low?.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Yes, if VDDP3 (3,3V) and VDD (1,25V) are not supplied from outside. Please measure all voltages that they are correct (VEVRSB, VEXT, VDDP3, VDD and VDDM).
0 Likes