Assembly Language Syntax Confusion

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Betty956
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hi

I'm working with an Infineon Tricore processor and I'm coming across an addressing mode that I've not seen before, then referring to a register in some of the instructions that I am confused by the following:

jz16.t d15:2, loc_6749A

Now from what I understand this instruction checks one bit to determine if the branch is taken or not (that's from the .t extension on the opcode). But what does d15:2 mean? I've only seen that used for ranges of bits, could it mean the second bit of d15?

It is important to know that  chatspin.download d15 contains echat.date a status e-chats.com/omegle register.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Yes, d15:2 mean that bit 2 of register d15 will be checked. Why the compiler generate this syntax is defined by compiler company. The syntax from architecture manual is jz.t d15, 2, loc_6749A

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

Could you update the part number of the device which is used?

Thanks

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Yes, d15:2 mean that bit 2 of register d15 will be checked. Why the compiler generate this syntax is defined by compiler company. The syntax from architecture manual is jz.t d15, 2, loc_6749A

0 Likes