Adding a UART console to AURIX TC222 dev board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ritvikrai
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Hello all, I am facing issues with adding a UART shell to my TC222. Infineon's github page [AURIX_code_examples/code_examples at master · Infineon/AURIX_code_examples (github.com)] 

does not include any examples for the AURIX TC222. I tried adapting code for the TC237 (only LED and Ethernet pin numbers were different as far as I could tell) but there are some missing dependencies (include headers) when I try to build for TC222. Could someone kindly guide me to add a UART console to this board? I am using AURIX Development Studio v1.9.0.

The specific headers that were missing were "Ifx_Shell.h" and "Ifx_Console.h" which I found from the TC237's code example and copied them to my project folder, into the "Libraries" folder. Now, there are more unmet dependencies, specifically "IfxEth_reg.h" called from "\Libraries\iLLD\TC22A\Tricore\_PinMap\IfxEth_PinMap.h". I suspect these files are automatically generated when creating a new AURIX project and selecting the TC23X board, but not for the TC22X family. I would appreciate any actionable suggestions to help me make this UART shell code for the TC237 compatible with the TC222, or if there is a better way, such as pre-existing code examples for the TC222.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @ritvikrai ,

Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Please follow the below steps to modify the demo project.
- Firstly, you can go for download the iLLD of TC2xx in MyICP, which contains the iLLD_1_0_1_16_0__TC22A, then replace the corresponding .C and .H files in the previous demo project.
- Next, it also needs to adapt the linker file to fit the TC222.
BR,
Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @ritvikrai ,

Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Please follow the below steps to modify the demo project.
- Firstly, you can go for download the iLLD of TC2xx in MyICP, which contains the iLLD_1_0_1_16_0__TC22A, then replace the corresponding .C and .H files in the previous demo project.
- Next, it also needs to adapt the linker file to fit the TC222.
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes