Access a device whose JTAG is locked

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
williamdong
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given

I  had locked the debug interface(JTAG) by config UCB_DBG.  now I use a wrong password to access the device through JTAG debug interface,  Does the device have some event to alert you that is an illegal access?

I didn't get any information from the user's manual  tc23x_tc22x_um_v1.1.pdf , I hope to get some answers from you. 

thanks 

william

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

HSM part please not post here, but password can unlock Debug Interface again.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Di_W

UCB_DBG is used for the password protection for the debug interface. PROCONDBG is a register to show if OCDS enabled and if UCB_DBG debug interface lock is configured.  

Details is in Section 4.1.6.4 - sub section Debug System handling of tc29xB_um_v1.3.pdf.

0 Likes

Thank you for your prompt reply,  I have another question need your help. when i disable debug interface by software. the debug interface had been locked.But Lauterbach could not connect through the password set, showing "debug secured". What should I do to get my device back.

in another device, I just erased the sector where the UCB BUG was located. As a result I can't connect to it. What should I do in this situation, thank you very much

best

william

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi william, if you erased UCB, the chip will be bricked. If you lock the debug interface, then cannot debug, but password can unlock it. 

0 Likes

My device is TC234L , If I want to implement the lock interface by modifying the UCB_DBG, What should I do? 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Di_W

HSM part please not post here, but password can unlock Debug Interface again.  

0 Likes