About Supply Voltage Monitoring in PMS. [AURIX 2G]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DownyK
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi members,

DownyK_0-1682329955725.png

I have questions about the above monitoring system.

From the figure, it seems that there are two types of monitoring for the internal power of the MCU.

VEXT, VDDP3, and VDD UV detection in the Primary ADC Monitor appear to cause a Cold Power On Reset.

Otherwise, the fault is detected through SMU Core and SMU Standby without directly resetting the MCU.

If I don't set up the SMU alarm reaction in this case, doesn't the MCU do any reaction on its own even if the monitor detects a voltage abnormality?

What I'm curious about is whether there is anything other than the PMS monitoring system that detects the voltage failure by the MCU itself. 

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @DownyK ,
Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) If I don't set up the SMU alarm reaction in this case, doesn't the MCU do any reaction on its own even if the monitor detects a voltage abnormality?
- Yes.
2) What I'm curious about is whether there is anything other than the PMS monitoring system that detects the voltage failure by the MCU itself.
- No, the PMS is in charge of monitoring the voltage abnormality.
BR,
Jeremy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @DownyK ,
Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) If I don't set up the SMU alarm reaction in this case, doesn't the MCU do any reaction on its own even if the monitor detects a voltage abnormality?
- Yes.
2) What I'm curious about is whether there is anything other than the PMS monitoring system that detects the voltage failure by the MCU itself.
- No, the PMS is in charge of monitoring the voltage abnormality.
BR,
Jeremy

Hi @Jeremy_Z ,

Thank you for your reply. 🙂

0 Likes