[AURIX2G] [Power On Reset] TC387QP Start -Up Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GoKo_4740781
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First question asked
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am facing an issue with TC387 startup in EV Board. The problem is, when I connect the device with Lauterbach and flash my Hex/Sre/Elf File, it works properly.

But when I de-attach the Lauterbach JTAG, my Application/Software does not run after Power OFF and On.

Could you please clarify me that what possibly goes wrong on Power OFF and ON without Debugger attached? Is there any configuration which I am missing?

NOTE: Valid BMHD is programmed.

Thanks and Regards
Goutham
0 Likes
1 Solution
GoKo_4740781
Level 1
Level 1
Hi UC_Wrangler,

The issue got resolved.

Previously I had serviced only CPU watchdog hence the issue remained unresolved.

After servicing of both CPU and Safety Watchdogs , the issue of power on reset got resolved.

With Regards
Goutham

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Hi Goutham. The most common cause for this type of problem is that by default, the watchdog system is suspended when a debugger is connected. Your code may not be servicing / disabling the watchdog.

Try debugging with SYStem.Option.WDTSUS OFF. See this post:
https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/6077-TC275-watchdog-does-not-work?p=17656&viewfull=1#post1765...
0 Likes
GoKo_4740781
Level 1
Level 1
Hi UC_Wrangler,

Thanks for your reply .

As I said earlier, there are no issues when we are using debugger.

We want to test our code in standalone mode (without debugger).

Are there any additional Power On Reset settings/configurations to be done ?

Thanks and Regards
Goutham
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
Hi Goutham. I understand there are no issues with the debugger - and that may because the watchdogs are disabled. Please try SYStem.Option.WDTSUS OFF and let us know if your application still works with the debugger connected.

If the application stops working in the debugger, then your application needs to either service or disable the watchdogs.
0 Likes
GoKo_4740781
Level 1
Level 1
Hi UC_wrangler,

I tried making SYStem.Option.WDTSUS OFF and the application is still working with the debugger connected.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
Hi Goutham. Thanks for ruling that out.

Next: can you post the content of your UCB_BMHD0_ORIG at 0xAF400000-0xAF4001FF? Also, what value is in DMU_HF_CONFIRM0?
0 Likes
GoKo_4740781
Level 1
Level 1
Hi UC_wrangler,

I have sent the reply with the contents of UCB_BMHD0_ORIG and DMU_HF_CONFIRM0.

But this forum is not allowing me to do so as the information is sensitive.

It is showing the message " Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting."
0 Likes
GoKo_4740781
Level 1
Level 1
Hi UC_Wrangler,

The issue got resolved.

Previously I had serviced only CPU watchdog hence the issue remained unresolved.

After servicing of both CPU and Safety Watchdogs , the issue of power on reset got resolved.

With Regards
Goutham
0 Likes

Can you please share the sample code u have used to service both the watchdogs

0 Likes
User20310
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
Hi Gautham,
can you please let me know how you solved this issue? i am also facing same issue. from where i can get information about this issue?
thank you so much.
Kr,
Sachin