AURIX™ lite Kit V2 UART is not responding

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 50 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi,

I am simply imported ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT_TC375_LK project code, complied and flashed. However, I am not seeing "Hello World" message on the Aurix IDE terminal as well as putt. Any suggestion what could be going wrong with my setup?

Thanks in advance!  

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee

Changing the TX pin assignment from default P15.5 in the code example to P14.0 works. Since the two TX pins associated with two different ASCLIN blocks, code requires additional tweaking (changing ASCLIN1->ASCLIN0) to compile it correctly. Btw, I didn't need to connect additional power adapter, it works with USB power supply.   So, the published user guide and the code example needs enhancement to work correctly on TC375.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee

I followed the instruction available at the following link. But, still an issue (no message on the COM port).

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-UART_VCOM_1_KIT_TC375_LK-Training-v01_01-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4...

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi ShivendraSigh,

Please check your device manager on Windows. After flash programming, the board should connect to PC via USB port and be populated as a COMXX port.  XX is a number of COM port. e.g. COM19 is used as below:

dw_0-1657084218724.png

At this time, your debug cable should be disconnect, and use the COM19(according to your PC settings)  port to do UART communication.

dw

0 Likes
ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee

Hi, I am using the microusb port to power the board, to flash it and to debug. I am not connecting the DAP debugger as I dont have them. I can see two com ports in the device manager, Com 3 and Com 5 on my setup.  When I disconnect the board, Com 5 port disappears, which means that is the Com port emulated. Though I tried to open both the port in virtual terminal with the above terminal setting, but didn't see any message.  I am simply importing "ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT_TC375_LK" project in Aurix IDE, compiling and flashing it. no change to the code or any HW setup on the lite kit.   

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi Shivendra,

I think you are using onboard miniWiggler which occupied COM5 right? What is COM3?

https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples/ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT_TC375_LK

I have checked the above code using below pins define:

#define UART_PIN_RX             IfxAsclin1_RXB_P15_5_IN                 /* UART receive port pin                    */
#define UART_PIN_TX             IfxAsclin1_TX_P15_5_OUT                 /* UART transmit port pin                   */

And in the LK board manual, below is described:

2.3.2 Serial Connection to PC
After the first connection of USB to a PC the needed driver will be installed automatically. During this there be created a new COM port on PC. This COM port can be used to communicate with the board via ASCLIN0 the device and ASCLIN4 (TC3X5 only) if R44 and R45 are assembled. Per default the ASCLIN0 is used on P14.0 and P14.1 (e.g. Generic Bootstrap Loader). Because ASCLIN0 is used also for the Arduino pins, you use here also ASCLIN4 to use it in parallel, make sure that P14.0/P14.1 are not configured in this case.

So it's suggested to use P14.0/P14.1 in your project code.

dw

0 Likes
ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee

I think yes, I am using the onboard miniWiggler which seems detected as COM5. COM 3 is Intel Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3) which I believe is a native COM port on my laptop and appears all the time irrespective of kit is connected or not.

0 Likes
Di_W

dw_0-1657086818088.png

When you complete flash program, please only connect power cable and USB cable for UART communication. If you default config P14.0/P14.1 as UART, then your COM5 should has proper characters received. The baudrate and bit settings should be consistent.

dw_1-1657087032717.png

dw

0 Likes
ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee

Code example default is P15_5. Should I change to P14.0/1 then? I am using only the USB cable to power the board. Should I connect the 5V power adapter separately? 

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi Shivendra,

ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT_TC375_LK's code is differenct with the pdf you provided. 

ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT_TC375_LK's code  is using internal loop for UART test, that means P15.5 TX -> P15.5 RX

While UART_VCOM_1 for KIT_AURIX_TC375_LK.pdf  is using UART to communicate with PC.

There are different settings.

To illustrate the difference, please check below two projects on Github:

https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples/ASCLIN_Shell_UART_1_KIT_TC...

https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples/ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT_TC375_LK

dw

0 Likes
ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee

Changing the TX pin assignment from default P15.5 in the code example to P14.0 works. Since the two TX pins associated with two different ASCLIN blocks, code requires additional tweaking (changing ASCLIN1->ASCLIN0) to compile it correctly. Btw, I didn't need to connect additional power adapter, it works with USB power supply.   So, the published user guide and the code example needs enhancement to work correctly on TC375.

ShivendraSingh
Employee
Employee

Thanks for details. This thread can be closed now.

0 Likes