AURIX TC3xx CCU6 - Disabling PWM and setting all outputs low

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22686
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

I am experimenting with the CCU6 module for generating PWM on an AURIX TC375 Lite board, and cannot seem to find a way to completely disable the PWM when using the CCU6 - this would be desired to set all PWM channel outputs to a logic low so that nothing is being driven.

I am using the IfxCcu6_TimerWithTrigger library to generate 3-phase PWM with complementary outputs.

When I call IfxCcu6_TimerWithTrigger_stop, it keeps the PWM at the state when the function was called, so some of the PWM channels remain high. None of the other functions I have tried (e.g. IfxCcu6_PwmHl_setMode or IfxCcu6_PwmHl_setupChannels) seem to do what I want (i.e. set all 6 PWM outputs low).

I have tried reconfiguring the outputs as GPIO pins to set all PWM channels low, but this seems to introduce issues where the PWM will not reinitialise.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Kind regards,

Finn

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

The trap functionality permits the PWM outputs to react on the state of the input signal CTRAP. This functionality can be used to switch off the power devices if the trap input becomes active (e.g. to perform an emergency stop). The trap handling and the effect on the output modulation are controlled by the bits in the trap control register
TRPCTR. The trap flags TRPF and TRPS are located in register IS and can be set/cleared by SW by writing to registers ISS and ISR.

The output of the Trap State Bit TRPS leads to the Output Modulation Blocks (for T12 and for T13) and can there deactivate the outputs (set them to the passive state). 

More details one can find in CCU6 sub-chapter Trap Handling.

--AURIXTC3XX_um_part2_v2.0.pdf

dw_0-1648090295408.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

The trap functionality permits the PWM outputs to react on the state of the input signal CTRAP. This functionality can be used to switch off the power devices if the trap input becomes active (e.g. to perform an emergency stop). The trap handling and the effect on the output modulation are controlled by the bits in the trap control register
TRPCTR. The trap flags TRPF and TRPS are located in register IS and can be set/cleared by SW by writing to registers ISS and ISR.

The output of the Trap State Bit TRPS leads to the Output Modulation Blocks (for T12 and for T13) and can there deactivate the outputs (set them to the passive state). 

More details one can find in CCU6 sub-chapter Trap Handling.

--AURIXTC3XX_um_part2_v2.0.pdf

dw_0-1648090295408.png

0 Likes