AURIX 2G Power-on reset problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
Hello,
I'm working with the KIT_A2G_TC397XA_TFT and I'm having a problem related to the power reset. when I connect the device with the USB cable and flash my code, it works properly.
But when turning on the power or pressing the reset button, the code does not run. I would like to know how to proceed to change that.
Thanks and Regards
0 Likes
11 Replies
ScottW
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First solution authored First like received
You'll want to make sure you address both the internal watchdog and the external watchdog on the TLF35584. Either one could cause the issue you've described. What are you using as the basis for your code?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Make sure that you program also a valid BMHD with your used start address. How you program the device?
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
Scott Winder wrote:
You'll want to make sure you address both the internal watchdog and the external watchdog on the TLF35584. Either one could cause the issue you've described. What are you using as the basis for your code?

Hi, Thanks for answering.
I'm using as a stating point the "iLLD SCU Clock Demo", as suggested by the "BIFACES - Migrate iLLD demos to managed HighTec projects" pdf. How can i check the address of both watchdog?
Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
MoD wrote:
Make sure that you program also a valid BMHD with your used start address. How you program the device?

Thanks for answering.
I have not change the BMHD, and i'm using the HighTec Development Platform and programming via USB.
0 Likes
ScottW
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First solution authored First like received
The demo you're using disables the internal watchdogs (core 0 and system) with the following lines in core0_main():

IfxScuWdt_disableCpuWatchdog(IfxScuWdt_getCpuWatchdogPassword());
IfxScuWdt_disableSafetyWatchdog(IfxScuWdt_getSafetyWatchdogPassword());

It does not deal with the TLF35584. The application kit normally comes with R127 populated, which disables the switch to failsafe state for the TLF35584, but it's worth looking to make sure it's populated on your board. If R127 is populated, your problem likely lies elsewhere.
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
Scott Winder wrote:
The demo you're using disables the internal watchdogs (core 0 and system) with the following lines in core0_main():

IfxScuWdt_disableCpuWatchdog(IfxScuWdt_getCpuWatchdogPassword());
IfxScuWdt_disableSafetyWatchdog(IfxScuWdt_getSafetyWatchdogPassword());

It does not deal with the TLF35584. The application kit normally comes with R127 populated, which disables the switch to failsafe state for the TLF35584, but it's worth looking to make sure it's populated on your board. If R127 is populated, your problem likely lies elsewhere.

The R127 is assembled in the board. Also, i have tried to flash some example codes using the Aurix Development Studio and this problem does not occur, so i don't think is a problem related to the board.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
I think you have a software issue. You can compare the map files from a working project and the non working project. If there is the RESET symbol different then this is your problem. Otherwise you use another startup software which cause the problem,.
0 Likes

Hi,

I am also facing same problem, I checked the map file My reset address is proper then also it is not working

0 Likes

Check the content of your BMHD on the device, B;HD must be valid and BMI and startaddress must be set accordingly to your project.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you give some piece of code example

0 Likes

It should be part of the example. Search for BMHD in your map file, then your should found if it is part or not. In any case check the BMHD in your device (readout) and check if this in the device is correct for your example.

0 Likes