ATOM trigger signal of the preceding channel – TC377

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Hello,

I am trying to configure ATOM5_0 & ATOM5_1 in SOMP counting up mode and be able to reset from the trigger signal of the preceding channels ATOM4_7, however I am unable to generate the PWM for ATOM5_0 & ATOM5_1. I have attached the ATOM register configuration.

Can you please suggest what is wrong with my configuration ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

The master-slave using the trigger is applicable only for the sequential channel i.e channel x acts as a master for channel x+1, you can extend longer chain continuously by routing the triggers and also use the trigger from the last channel of ATOM instance x to the first channel of ATOM instance x+1.

Thanks. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Aiswarya_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello, 

You could refer to this thread.

Regards,
Aiswarya.

0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Aiswarya,

I looked into this thread and the use case is different from what I am trying to accomplish.

In my case, I want to use ATOM4_7 as the master and ATOM5_0 and ATOM5_1 as the slave PWM channels. I tried debugging this for several hours but could not figure out what's going on.

When I make ATOM5_0 as master and ATOM5_1, ATOM5_2 as slave channels its works ok, however when ATOM4_7 is made master it does not work, I am not able to figure out what's going on. I am looking for some help to review the my register configuraiton and suggest what is incorrect with configuration.

Can you please help ?

0 Likes
Yuva

Hello,

The master-slave using the trigger is applicable only for the sequential channel i.e channel x acts as a master for channel x+1, you can extend longer chain continuously by routing the triggers and also use the trigger from the last channel of ATOM instance x to the first channel of ATOM instance x+1.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Yuva, 

Thank  you for the feedback. I have configured last channel of ATOM instance x to the first channel of ATOM instance x+1, however for some reason the trigger does not work. Any thoughts ? 

Below is snapshot of my configuration. Am I missing something in configuration ?

nsyed_0-1678967210504.png

nsyed_1-1678967219692.png

nsyed_2-1678967334759.png

0 Likes
Yuva

Hello,

The trigger configurations appear to be OK. I assume you also start ATOM5_CH0, the edges of the ATOM5_CH0 signal are based on the CM0 and CM1 register values as mentioned in section 28.15.3.3.1 of the UM part 2. Could you check this?

Thanks

0 Likes