ASCLIN for Tc38x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17214
Level 1
Level 1
Hello

I am working on ASCLIN device driver for TC38x in my project. Since we are trying in an ECU without LIN transceiver. So we need to figure our a pin with ASCLIN functionality. My question is if a pin is already initialized to use CAN driver, can it be re-initialized for LIN, or we need to de-initialize the CAN first?

In short, lets say P15.0 is CAN_H and P15.1 is CAN_L. Can I initialize my ASCLIN1 driver to override P15.0 and P15.1 as LIN Tx and Rx ?

Please clarify.
0 Likes
2 Replies
CookieMonster11
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted
Hi ParthaMishra,

you can of course reconfigure the pin settings as they do not belong to the peripheral module.
So you can do your configuration for CAN (CAN module + pin settings) and reconfigure the pin later to another alternate output function like LIN.
Of course your CAN module will not be usable during reconfigured state and vice versa.

For me your use case is not clear. What would be the benefit to have both busses on the same pin?
If your question is more in the direction of avoiding reconfiguration by accident, you can use access protection.

Regards,
CookieMonster112
0 Likes
User17319
Level 1
Level 1
Hi ParthaMishra,

I need a favour from you.
I have bought Aurix TC387Q board . I need one demo code with the base frame work for this Aurix TC387Q board.Build through make file.
Can you please tell me from where i can get it??

Thanks.
Nizar
0 Likes