Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dschunke
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi team, I am trying to run the following example code without any changes on Tc399 triboard EVK: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ASCLIN_SPI_Master_1_KIT_TC397_TFT-Training-v01_02-EN.pdf?file... As per page 8 of the training document, I should be able to see the data moving into the Rx buffer. However, once the transmission is complete, I can see only "0xFF" in place of both bytes. Is there a reason for this? I have not made any change whatsoever to the code.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ulises_L
10 solutions authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi @Dschunke 

This behavior is obtained due a connection problem between the pins P15.4 (MTSR) and P15.5 (MRST),  make sure that the pines are correct connected as shown in the following picture:

ACLIN SPI TC399 Triboard.png

Best Regards. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Dschunke
Level 1
Level 1

Attaching a screenshot of the debugger window. Have added breakpoints at places suggested in the training document.

0 Likes
Nambi
5 likes given 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you check the waveform on the MSRT, MTSR lines? 

Have you connected those as recommended in the page 4?

Also, please note that the document is for a different kit. Please check the Tc399 Triboard manual for the exact pins to be connected in your kit.

Best Regards.

0 Likes
Ulises_L

Hi @Dschunke 

This behavior is obtained due a connection problem between the pins P15.4 (MTSR) and P15.5 (MRST),  make sure that the pines are correct connected as shown in the following picture:

ACLIN SPI TC399 Triboard.png

Best Regards. 

0 Likes
Dschunke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nambi, Ulises,

Thank you guys for the answer. I misunderstood the "internal loopback" mentioned in the training document as something internal to the board itself. My bad.

I see that this is an example for SPI write using ASCLIN module. Do we have any examples which uses SPI Read, with the ASCLIN module? If not could you direct me how to perform a SPI read? thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Ulises_L

Hi @Dschunke 

You can check the example SPI_CPU_1
for KIT_AURIX_TC397_TFT where the QSPI module is used to configure two SPI channels as Master and  Slave, and shows how to send and receive  data.

Best Regards.

0 Likes