ANON in EVADC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

Hi All

What is the ANON in EVADC? I can find a reference only in Figure 272 but there is no other reference into the manual (maybe is related to ANONS and ANONC)

0 Likes
1 Solution
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi FD_aurix,

I think in this particular example ANON is just used to control the Slaves by providing it to one particular Master which then creates a Ready signal for its Slaves. The Slaves react  to this incoming synchronized conversion requests (Ready signals) from the master to trigger simultaneous  conversion.

Hopefully that helps.

Best regards,

TBencher

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi,

Its referring to Analog Converter.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

I know that is referred to the analog converter, I wrote it into the title  😀. What I can't understand is what it is because there is no other reference into the manual for the EVADC. 

0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

I see ANON is defined in "Fast Compare Mode Register, FC Channel x"

nsyed_0-1649866570200.png

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Yes  ,fr the Fast channel mode it seems specified what it is the ANON but not for the primary/secondary channeld standard mode.

But the image I posted above is referred to the "standard" mode not to the fast compare mode.

In particoular I'm referring to the Synchronized Conversions for Parallel Sampling chp where is reported

"Bitfield GxSYNCTR (x=0-11).STSEL = 00B selects the master’s ANON information as the source of the ANON
information for all kernels of the synchronization group.1)"

But I don't find any reference of what it is the "ANON" information

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi FD_aurix,

I would think that this ANON just means Analog Channel ON or OFF.
If you have a synchronization group where the Slaves are synchronized to the Master, you just need the ANON from the Master for the whole synchronization group. 

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi FD_aurix,

I think in this particular example ANON is just used to control the Slaves by providing it to one particular Master which then creates a Ready signal for its Slaves. The Slaves react  to this incoming synchronized conversion requests (Ready signals) from the master to trigger simultaneous  conversion.

Hopefully that helps.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

ah,ok it make sense. Thanks!

0 Likes