ADC queue Refill Issue in TC377

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20162
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hi,

i am trying ADC in TC377TP, i am configuring group8 all 16 channels. i am trying to arrange 12 channel in queue 0 and 4 channel in queue 1.

queue 1 is refilling method and queue 0 is one time sampling method. queue 1 is low priority and queue 1 is high priority.

queue 1 startqueue called in init function,but queue 0 startqueue will call once in every 100ms, but i am getting only one interrupt from queue 0(very first time), but i am calling start queue in every 100ms.

what will be the issue.

my understanding of no queue refill concept is we have call startqueue function when it is required??? please correct me if i am wrong.
0 Likes
3 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
If you don't use the refill feature then you must refill the queue by software before you start the queue. In this case is the queue empty when all conversions are finished. If you start now otherwise you will do this with an empty queue and no conversion starts also no interrupt is generated.
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Hi,

As MoD said, if you don't use the refill feature then you must refill the queue by software, you can find an example on this training: DMA_ADC_Transfer_1_KIT_TC375_LK and its tutorial

In the training the queue is filled everytime you want to get a new result from the VADC.

hope it helps,
teoBits
0 Likes
ilvasdetex
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!
  1. ADC queue Refill Issue in TC377:
  2. Identification: Begin by identifying the specific ADC queue refill problem in the TC377 system.
  3. Root Cause Analysis: Conduct a thorough root cause analysis to pinpoint the exact reason behind the ADC queue refill issue.
  4. Hardware Inspection: Inspect the hardware components of the TC377 system, focusing on ADC-related circuits and components.
  5. Software Examination: Review the software configurations through gyb and codes related to ADC queue management in the TC377 system.
  6. Data Collection: Gather relevant data and logs to analyze the behavior and patterns of the ADC queue refill issue.
  7. Testing: Conduct comprehensive testing procedures to replicate and validate the ADC queue refill problem.
  8. Documentation: Document all findings, including observations, test results, and potential hypotheses.
  9. Collaboration: Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to collectively address the ADC queue refill issue.
  10. Solution Development: Develop potential solutions or workarounds to mitigate the ADC queue refill problem in the TC377 system.
  11. Implementation: Implement the proposed solutions carefully, ensuring minimal disruption to the system's functionality.
  12. Monitoring and Evaluation: Continuously monitor the TC377 system post-implementation to verify the effectiveness of the solutions and make further adjustments if necessary. Additionally, ensure documentation of all implemented changes for future reference and analysis.
0 Likes