TC387 starter kit board always in reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AndreaB
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I am working with KIT_A2G_TC387_MOTORCTR board and Lauterbach debugger.

Till yesterday I was able to program and debug the board.

Today my board is always on reset (ESR0 led is always RED ON). I have not flashed the board today so the SW is the one running yesterday.

I tried also to remove Lauterbach from DAP connector and use the mini USB from Aurix Development Studio but the result is the same. It seems that the micro is always in reset state.

Could you help me to solve this issue? It is a huge blocking point for me.

Thanks and regards,

Andrea 

1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Can you check the signals PORST and ESR0 with an oscilloscope?

Expected behavoir: PORST goes high and stay on high, reset via debugger will activate PORST for a small time

ESR0 goes to high for some ms goes back low for small time goes back to high, after some ms goes to low and stay on low. In this case you have a chance to recover the board. If ESR0 always stay on low and PORST on high then the device is bricked maybe by any programming. Note that some programming only take effect after a power cycle, this mean not the last programming must be the problematic one. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello,

Did you made a memory "mass erase", modified any of the UCB sectors or enabled the HSM?

if that is the case, unfortunately you need to replace the device.

if not , you can try to connect to the device using infineon memtool:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdlc/en?dcId=8a8181663431cb50013431cb500b0000&downloadTitle=Infineon-Memto...

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AndreaB
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Actually not, I didn't made a mass erase, nor HSM enabling or changing UCB. I started from the Demo application of Lauterbach to create a script .cmm to flash my SW and it worked for a week till yesterday (.cmm attached).

Today I simply attach my Lauterbach to DAP connector of the board, as I usually do. Most probably I have pressed PORST and WAKE buttons of the board together while connecting Lauterbach but I don't know if it could lead to this issue. 

The only thing that could happened today, as a difference in respect to previous days, is that I attached DAP connector while the board was powered. I don't know if this could lead to this sort of brick.

I tried also with Memtool but at first sight I am not able to connect, most probably because I am new with this Tool.

Could you please provide few steps to try connecting with the Memtool and try to recover?

In addition, I have seen with the oscilloscope that ESR1 and PORST pins are always high while ESR0 is always low, even at startup. Honestly, I am not able to figure out what I made as mistake to brick the micro.

Best regards,

Andrea

0 Likes
AndreaB
Level 2
Level 2

AndreaB_0-1645603092297.png

This is what reported in the manual of the board. Is it possible to change BootMode by setting HWCFG3 low in order to recover and unbrick the micro?

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Can you check the signals PORST and ESR0 with an oscilloscope?

Expected behavoir: PORST goes high and stay on high, reset via debugger will activate PORST for a small time

ESR0 goes to high for some ms goes back low for small time goes back to high, after some ms goes to low and stay on low. In this case you have a chance to recover the board. If ESR0 always stay on low and PORST on high then the device is bricked maybe by any programming. Note that some programming only take effect after a power cycle, this mean not the last programming must be the problematic one.