TASKING flash and run project without debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IvanoBono
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted
in "aurix development studio" there is a "Flash and start project" button which compiles, flashes and starts the project.
instead in "Tasking C / C ++ tricore eclipse ide" the only button present is the debug one which opens the debug view and stops the program at main. you have to press "Resume" to manually start each time.
there is no possibility to avoid debugging?
0 Likes
5 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Infineon's Memtool can be used to flash a device outside of ADS.

When a debugger is connected, the internal watchdogs are disabled by default. That can get in the way of making sure your application works standalone.
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Or you can use the AurixFlasher software that comes with AURIX Development Studio (the same software that flashes your device with the button "Flash and start project".

you can find it in the installation folder o"AURIX-Studio-1.5.0\plugins\com.infineon.aurix.tools_1.5.0\build_system\tools\AurixFlasher_v2.2.1.0" and to run it you can simply call it by cmd line "AurixFlasher.exe -hex " or use the command -help to check the accepted commands
IvanoBono
Level 3
Level 3
in my current application the watchdogs are disabled;
i also tried with aurix flasher.exe but the result is the same:
if I compile the application with TASKING Tricore IDE until I have started at least 1 time the debug with tasking the application does not start. it seems that neither memtool nor aurix flasher write the BMH0.
after i debug once, i can modify and flash the new program without debugging because by now it is BHM0 has been written.
then my problem is when it will go to production and I will have to program hundreds of chips: I would like to do a batch procedure, I cannot afford to start debugging via IDE on each chip.
I noticed that the MEMTOOL problem is that when I open a HEX and do "select all" and "Add Sel >>" all the memory blocks are transferred except block 0xAF400000 which is just that of BMH0.

is there any way to enable writing of this block?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Check in Memtool that DF_UCBS is enabled and ready (select DF_UCBS in Memory Device and select Enable).
0 Likes
IvanoBono
Level 3
Level 3
perfect! now works.
thank you.
0 Likes