Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
drsn
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi, 

I`m getting this error when I build the project. 

drsn_0-1668005245384.png

and this is the location where error happen:

drsn_1-1668004757611.png

I couldn`t understand why it is saying "two architectures defined with the name TC". I didn`t defined the architecture somewhere else or didn`t changed this lsl file. It is default file when I create a project. 

By the way, I added lsl file here. Before this it was giving lots of unresolved external error and this is solved that problem. 

drsn_2-1668004835445.png

how can I solve this problem? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

Hello! Please note that the Linker Script Language (LSL) file is not a library. As a result you should not add this file in the library section of ADS. An ADS project includes the LSL file named

Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl

by default. If you are familiar with the LSL language, you can start to modify the given LSL file. If you want to fully replace this by another LSL file, you need to adapt the entry in the command line pattern in the TASKING Linker section. This includes the entry:

--lsl-file=../Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl

which can be adapted. 

User13836_0-1670317688611.png

The error message you include in your original post shows up, because two LSL files are included and both do define the TC architecture.

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Nambi
500 replies posted 50 likes received 5 likes given

Hi,

Could you let us know the example project being tested/built here?

Could you let us know the ADS version used at your end?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
drsn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

ADS version is 1.8.0

I created a new project and try to compile with my own files. 

0 Likes
drsn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any idea to solve this problem? I tried to use "include guard" to solve but it didn`t worked. 

I added something similar to this in the lsl file:

#ifndef xxxxx

#define xxxxx

#endif

0 Likes
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi,

Could you please try selecting "New AURIX Project" instead of "Project" when you create own project. Once it is created, you can add your own files. By default, certain settings related to Build process and Linker and startup files are created automatically which you can adapt to your project needs. If you don't want certain files, you may exclude those from build or remove from project.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes
drsn
Level 1
Level 1

hi, 

Thank you for the answer.  I did what you said, project created as a Aurix Project and I add new files.  I don`t know why new files effected the compilation.  I think this error coming out because I added lsl file in libraries section(screenshot is in first post).  I did this to solve unresolved external errors. It was giving unresolved external error for all .o files. 

0 Likes
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

Hello! Please note that the Linker Script Language (LSL) file is not a library. As a result you should not add this file in the library section of ADS. An ADS project includes the LSL file named

Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl

by default. If you are familiar with the LSL language, you can start to modify the given LSL file. If you want to fully replace this by another LSL file, you need to adapt the entry in the command line pattern in the TASKING Linker section. This includes the entry:

--lsl-file=../Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl

which can be adapted. 

User13836_0-1670317688611.png

The error message you include in your original post shows up, because two LSL files are included and both do define the TC architecture.

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support

0 Likes