Aurix Development Studio - Library Project - Tasking Binary missing?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18757
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like received First reply posted

Hi,

I'm using the Aurix Development Studio 1.5.4.

I created a library project like mentioned in the ADS help, but it seems that the tasking binary is missing.

Error message is:

/aurix-studio-1.5.4/plugins/com.infineon.aurix.tools_1.5.4/build_system/tools/make/sh: artc: not found
make: *** [makefile:155: 377_Illd.a] Error 127

Something to change on my side?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

It looks as if older ADS versions did not include the archiver executable. But is has been added in ADS v1.5.2 and should also be part of ADS v1.5.4 as far as I know. I reported this issue internally.

A mitigation is to use the artc.exe included in ADS v1.5.2. I attached the executable. Please unzip it and copy it into the folder:

AURIX-Studio-1.5.4\plugins\com.infineon.aurix.tools_1.5.4\build_system\tools\Compilers\Tasking_1.1r8\ctc\bin

of your ADS v1.5.4 installation. Afterwards you can create library projects again. 

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Tasking Team Support

@User13836 

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Dear ,

The archiver artc is not included in the Infineon Aurix Development studio as ADS is not designed to be a full featured TASKING toolset.

I assume the library creation topic in the ADS help is a leftover from the original TASKING Compiler documentation.

Please also note that the TASKING components (compile, assembler, linker, etc) are not designed to be run from command line outside ADS.

With kind regards

TASKING Support

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

It looks as if older ADS versions did not include the archiver executable. But is has been added in ADS v1.5.2 and should also be part of ADS v1.5.4 as far as I know. I reported this issue internally.

A mitigation is to use the artc.exe included in ADS v1.5.2. I attached the executable. Please unzip it and copy it into the folder:

AURIX-Studio-1.5.4\plugins\com.infineon.aurix.tools_1.5.4\build_system\tools\Compilers\Tasking_1.1r8\ctc\bin

of your ADS v1.5.4 installation. Afterwards you can create library projects again. 

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support

Thank you,

I just reinstalled ADS 1.5.4 with the downloadable installer .exe. to recheck, but the archiver artc.exe was not installed.

With the executable  provided by you from 1.5.2, the lib binary was build under ADS 1.5.4.

Best Regards,