the maximum number of BLE devices the CYW88359 can connect to simultaneously

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
weitang
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I wan to know the maximum number of BLE devices the CYW88359 can connect to simultaneously.I can't find the answers in the datasheet of CYW88359. Or could anybody tell me who I should ask?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Tushar_b
100 replies posted First like given 25 solutions authored

Hi, 

Our FW implementation allows theoretically max 15 LE connections from link management viewpoint. However, the actual use case will be more dependent on the connection interval, length of connection event, connection role and what other BT and BLE activities are going on.

For example, if we have multiple LE connections which are all with connection internal of 40ms and each connection's connection event is with 4 pairs of Tx/RX, i.e. 5ms CE, then the max # of LE connections will be 40/5=8. If you need to do something else at the same time, such as maintaining a SCO connection, doing advertisement, etc. then you will definitely have less than 8 even for the LE connection with the same connection parameters.

Should you have further questions about it, feel free to let me know.

Regards,
Tushar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Tushar_b
100 replies posted First like given 25 solutions authored

Hi, 

Our FW implementation allows theoretically max 15 LE connections from link management viewpoint. However, the actual use case will be more dependent on the connection interval, length of connection event, connection role and what other BT and BLE activities are going on.

For example, if we have multiple LE connections which are all with connection internal of 40ms and each connection's connection event is with 4 pairs of Tx/RX, i.e. 5ms CE, then the max # of LE connections will be 40/5=8. If you need to do something else at the same time, such as maintaining a SCO connection, doing advertisement, etc. then you will definitely have less than 8 even for the LE connection with the same connection parameters.

Should you have further questions about it, feel free to let me know.

Regards,
Tushar

0 Likes