cyhal_sdio_bulk_transfer errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
srini_a
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hardware Setup: CY8C6247FDI-D32 + Murata 1DX based on CYW4343W.

Problem: I'm seeing cyhal_sdio_bulk_transfer failed errors when sending data over wifi. This is the error 

CYHAL_SDIO_RSLT_ERR_COMMAND_SEND being returned from cyhal_sdio_bulk_transfer. I debugged this further and the problem seems to be that the  is timing outcy_rtos_get_semaphore trying to get the semaphore.  This function uses a 10ms timeout to get the semaphore. If I increase this timeout to 50ms, I don't see the error anymore. So, my question is,  Is it OK to change this value ? or is there a better way to handle the situation. I'm using FreeRTOS.

Appreciate any thoughts and comments. Please see attached screenshots.

This is the callstack:

cy_rtos_get_semaphore

SDIO_SendCommandAndWait

cyhal_sdio_bulk_transfer

whd_bus_sdio_cmd53 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Okay. Thanks for the update. If there are no side-affects, then you can go ahead and use this timeout value. There is no harm in increasing the timeout value if it handles processing of data in a better way and doesn't impact any other API calls.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

If you increase the timeout to 50ms, is the firmware download happening successfully? Do you face any issues with other API calls by increasing the timeout?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
srini_a
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi @Aditi_B WIth the change, the FW download doesn't seem to be affected; I don't see any side-affects of this increased timeout; it only seems to help.

Also, wanted to mention that the original issue (with the default timeout of 10 ms) occurs only when I attempt to send large chunks of data (over 2KB); but not with smaller payloads. With the increased timeout, I no longer see the error messages regardless of the data size.

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Okay. Thanks for the update. If there are no side-affects, then you can go ahead and use this timeout value. There is no harm in increasing the timeout value if it handles processing of data in a better way and doesn't impact any other API calls.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes