WiFi option for use with CYUSB301X (assume SDIO connected)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pnefos
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I am considering using CYUSB301X as a backend IC for a wireless probe. Do you offer a WiFi solution that would work with CYUSB301X (assume SDIO connected). - Patrick

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @pnefos 

The are you trying to create a USB to WiFi dongle?

Typically the CYUSB301X devices are used to add USB Peripheral ports to FPGA's & Image Sensors. We do not have a standard flow or design using the CYUSB301X & CYW43012 or any other WiFi device in the family. The Proposed companion is a PSoC 6 MCU, which uses Modus ToolBox Eclipse IDE with the AnyCloud SDK to develop your application. 

There is also the possibility of using the WiFi Host driver (WHD) which you will need to port to CYUSB301X SDK. But this is a non-trivial effort. You will also have to Port the RTOS & Configurations into the WHD, along with the SDIO driver & Network Stack. Not having done this ourselves, will make it difficult for us to debug, resolve and answer any issues/questions you may have. 

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted
Hi
The wifi radio needs a host processor to communicate with. I don't understand what you want, can you please elaborate more on this?
Thanks
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
pnefos
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

The EZ-USB part CYUSB301X says, "Fully accessible 32-bit CPU
ARM926EJ core with 200-MHz operation". I stream on my last design using TI WL1835, but since you offer wifi solutions, I thought you might have a WIFI solution I could interface with YOUR PRODUCT.

Patrick

@pnefos wrote:

Hi, I am considering using CYUSB301X as a backend IC for a wireless probe. Do you offer a WiFi solution that would work with CYUSB301X (assume SDIO connected). - Patrick

0 Likes
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, we don’t support Wi-Fi integration on this USB chip, but we have a range of PSoC MCUs on which Wi-Fi integration is supported.

Thanks

0 Likes
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @pnefos 

The are you trying to create a USB to WiFi dongle?

Typically the CYUSB301X devices are used to add USB Peripheral ports to FPGA's & Image Sensors. We do not have a standard flow or design using the CYUSB301X & CYW43012 or any other WiFi device in the family. The Proposed companion is a PSoC 6 MCU, which uses Modus ToolBox Eclipse IDE with the AnyCloud SDK to develop your application. 

There is also the possibility of using the WiFi Host driver (WHD) which you will need to port to CYUSB301X SDK. But this is a non-trivial effort. You will also have to Port the RTOS & Configurations into the WHD, along with the SDIO driver & Network Stack. Not having done this ourselves, will make it difficult for us to debug, resolve and answer any issues/questions you may have. 

Regards
Winston
0 Likes