Where can I find TX current consumption vs TX power for the CYW43xxx WiFi Radios?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

I'm considering reducing the TX power to increase battery run-time. I need to know how much the current consumption decreases when I reduce the TX power. I have found values in data sheets for DC current at the maximum Tx Power only.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Greg

I checked with our hardware team and unfortunately we don't have the requested data characterized. 

You will have to do the current consumption measurements by varying transmit power to the required levels.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Are you looking at the reduction of the current consumption per dB reduction? If so I'm not sure if we have that data available. I'll need to check with the hardware team and get back.

0 Likes
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Murali,

Yes. Data that shows how much battery power can be saved by reduction in radio transmit power will allow system design tradeoffs between radio power and battery life.

I look forward to Tx current consumption vs Tx Power information you're able to provide.

Greg 

0 Likes

Hello Greg

I checked with our hardware team and unfortunately we don't have the requested data characterized. 

You will have to do the current consumption measurements by varying transmit power to the required levels.

Thanks

0 Likes