WIFI lwb5+

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mr_2020
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

We are planning to use AP + STA with Sterling LWB5+ module. The requirement is like channel hopping between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band should work without interfering with the functionality of AP mode.
-> Regarding the AP+STA mode, We wanted to understand the behavior of the module in the below use cases,

Case 1:
The module is configured and running as AP on channel number 1(2.412 GHz). When the module performs the scan as a STATION, which frequency AP list will be received in the scan request? (Only 2.4 GHz or 2.4 and 5 GHz both).

Case 2:
In the above case module as a STATION, What steps do we need to perform to connect the external AP running on 5GHz?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was able to test Case 1 i.e AP is on channel number 1(2.412 GHz) and STA was able to scan 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vivek_gunapati
250 replies posted 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Hi @mr_2020 ,

For Case 1, Let me do some internal testing  and get back to you on this. 

For case 2 please refer the section of 4.1.4.3 Typical STA/AP use-cases of the following document https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an232689-wi-fi-software-user-guide

Regards

VIvek.

0 Likes

I was able to test Case 1 i.e AP is on channel number 1(2.412 GHz) and STA was able to scan 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz

0 Likes