WICED for CYW4343W + STM32H7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cniclaes
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I'm trying to have a Laird LWB module (base on CYW4343W) running with WICED software on STM32H733.

I selected WICED 6.2 because the STM32H7 MCU is supported. On latest WICED 6.6 release the STM32H7 MCU has been removed.

Question 1: Why was STM32H7 removed from release 6.6? Known Issues?

When checking the code inside WICED 6.2, I see that the interface with peripherals is completely different when comparing STM32F4 and STM32H7 support. For STM32F4, Infineon uses its own "platform" functions, but for STM32H7, Infineon use the ST's "HAL" functions.

Question 2 : Why? 

The HAL functions used for MCU STM32H7 are quite old and they can't work directly since the RTC/CTS flow control is not yet implemented (see in file 43xxx_WiFi\WICED\platform\MCU\STM32H7xx\peripherals\libraries\src\tm32h7xx_hal_uart.c)

Question 3: Is there an actual platform with STM32H7 and CYW4343W or CYW43438 where this code has been tested sucessfully fot both WiFi AND Bluetooth? Which one?

All these questions are related to the latest one. I try to habe Bluetooth running on my platform and it's not completely functional. I replaced the HAL function by the latest ST release in order to solve the RTS/CTS issue. The UART communication is establishedd for the various initialization messages but once the BT firmware update starts it hangs. It's quite complex to debug since the Bluetooth implementation is a binary library and if this library seams blocked without outputing any log and without calling any HAL function we can't know where the issue is.

Question 4: Any idea how to debug such issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @cniclaes 

Unfortunately as of now, the Wi-Fi Host Driver does not support Wi-Fi Direct, and therefore the STM32 connectivity package  https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity  does not support it either.

Currently we don't have broad market support for STM32H7 other than the connectivity package. 

For any dedicated support, I would suggest you to contact via our local sales or FAE.

Thanks ,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hello @cniclaes 

As per my knowledge , we don't support STM32H + 4343W on WICED. We will check if there is any resources available to share on porting to STM32H7. 

Meanwhile, please check if this will be helpful in your case :  https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity 

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

As far as I can see in WICED 6.2, the H7 platform is supported all the necessary HAL and drivers are present.

The STM32-connectivity package is an alternative for WICED, but some major features, such as WiFi Direct, weren't ported to this environement, so we can't use it.

I'm a bit upset when i read "we don't support". Once CPUs and radio chip are supported in a package, any combination shall be supported. If only the combinations from the development boards are supported, the package is useless for any actual product.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hello @cniclaes 

Unfortunately as of now, the Wi-Fi Host Driver does not support Wi-Fi Direct, and therefore the STM32 connectivity package  https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity  does not support it either.

Currently we don't have broad market support for STM32H7 other than the connectivity package. 

For any dedicated support, I would suggest you to contact via our local sales or FAE.

Thanks ,

Anjana

0 Likes