Using LWB5+ Laird module with CYPRESS CYW4373EUBGT with Ubuntu 20.04

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
godjohnson
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am trying to use th LWB5+ Laird Wifi/Bluetooth module with CYPRESS CYW4373EUBGT.

I am on Ubuntu 20.04.

When I plug the device in and issue "lsusb" to list usb devices, the command hangs.

I do not know if this device is "AIROC".

Can someone help me with what steps I need to make this device work on Ubuntu 20.04? Documentation would be great too.

Thanks,
Gary K.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vivek_gunapati
250 replies posted 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Hi @godjohnson,

Could you please contact Laird support for getting started guide or more documents for LWB5+? 
-> meanwhile as a debug steps you could disconnect all usb devices and check if the issue still persist with no usb devices connected. 
->  you could also check if this issue seen on specific linux host or on all linux host. 
-> you could check the dmesg logs from the terminal after inserting the module to give more information on the issue.
-> if the drivers are already installed you can disable/uninstall them and check in lsusb if CYW4373 is detected.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vivek_gunapati
250 replies posted 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Hi @godjohnson,

Could you please contact Laird support for getting started guide or more documents for LWB5+? 
-> meanwhile as a debug steps you could disconnect all usb devices and check if the issue still persist with no usb devices connected. 
->  you could also check if this issue seen on specific linux host or on all linux host. 
-> you could check the dmesg logs from the terminal after inserting the module to give more information on the issue.
-> if the drivers are already installed you can disable/uninstall them and check in lsusb if CYW4373 is detected.

0 Likes

Hi @godjohnson , Any update on the issue?

0 Likes

closing the issue due to inactivity

0 Likes