The CYW43438's internal output voltage is unstable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jack1368
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received

hi 

We design products with CYW43438,it can run normally,but the SR_VLX of CYW43438 output voltage is between 0.85V to 1.4V.Why is that?We confirm that the input voltage is normal!Does the chip enter the low power mode? If so, please provide the register manual, thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

As per the internal team, the switching regulator is using a switch to turn on and off frequently to realize the voltage regulation. If this is happening and is being observed, then this is normal.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

I'm not sure if the register manual can be available publicly but I'll check with the hardware team and will revert back.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

Hi Aditi,

How's it going ?Is there a conclusion?

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

As per the internal team, the switching regulator is using a switch to turn on and off frequently to realize the voltage regulation. If this is happening and is being observed, then this is normal.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!I also confirm that The internal output voltage is regulated by the chip.Now, I want to know if the internal output with 2.2UH inductor and 4.7uF capacitor can be adjusted by the chip to provide a stable voltage. According to my understanding, the power supply should be adjusted by parameters.

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

As per the team, they want to know what's the concern on your side and what do you want to adjust? The inductor and capacitor are critical components that had been suggested by the PMU team thus they don’t suggest the customer do any adjustment on the value or spec.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks,The specification describes that the core voltage should work above 1.4V, That's why I'm a little worried.It's not recommended to adjust, so I have no  confused,Thanks again!