RSDB on CYW54591

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiPa_4285116
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi everyone,

how can I configure RSDB on CYW 54591 module, connected via pcie on a custom board based on x86 architecture?

On this board I installed a Linux OS, and the support for the chip is good. WiFi works well, both on 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but our customer asked us to separate the two band: he wants 2.4GHz band on main antenna, and 5GHz on aux antenna.

I relly cant find the command to set this configuration, not in wl tool, neither in ifconfig or iw.

Regards

Giuseppe 

0 Likes
1 Solution
GiPa_4285116
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick answer, but how it is possible to create wlan0 and wlan1 ?

As far as I known the Linux driver for brcmfmac create a single wlan interface per device.

Did I miss some option in my configuration? Or do I need to patch brcmfmac driver for cyg54591 (we already applied the driver patch from Cypress support page).

Regards

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can consider creating two interfaces wlan0 and wlan1 for main antenna and auxiliary antenna respectively. And you can set the band as shown below:

wl -i wlan0 band b
wl -i wlan1 band a

0 Likes
GiPa_4285116
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick answer, but how it is possible to create wlan0 and wlan1 ?

As far as I known the Linux driver for brcmfmac create a single wlan interface per device.

Did I miss some option in my configuration? Or do I need to patch brcmfmac driver for cyg54591 (we already applied the driver patch from Cypress support page).

Regards

Giuseppe

0 Likes
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The wlan0 interface is created after FMAC driver bring up and you can verify using iwconfig. Which configuration(AP/STA/P2P) is being used for the 2.4G antenna and 5G antenna? If it is STA(2.4G)+AP(5G), you can create wlan1 interface for AP, using the iw command shown below:

iw dev wlan0 interface add wlan1 type __ap

Again, you can verify using iwconfig command