RED Regulatory Certification and EN301 radio certification for CYW43430 Murata 1DX - BLE modulated test with adjustable power

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdTy_2191711
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

We have a number of existing products that are using the CYW43430 (Murata 1DX) and are in need of retesting to suit RED (Declaration of Conformity for European Union’s Radio Equipment Directive) and EN301 EU requirements. This will shortly prevent our client from selling current product into the EU. We were using the test blobs and scripts from Murata but the check the test house cannot perform is the  modulated Bluetooth LE test with the ability to vary the transmit power.  Murata suggested we contact you for update blobs and whatever.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @EdTy_2191711 

For the bluetooth, can you check if the following tests are what you require?

advait_kulkarni_0-1672920362289.jpeg

Then end the test, results will be provided – Number of packets

advait_kulkarni_1-1672920423649.jpeg

Also refer to the bluetooth RF testing document I am attaching

For the WIFI part, please go through the document here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an225347-cypress-wi-fi-clm-regulatory-manual
Let us know if this helps.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @EdTy_2191711 , Greetings.

Kindly elaborate on why do you want to conduct a retesting, so we can understand your requirements.

Also please let us know what are your exact transmit power requirements.

Thank you and regards.

Advait.

0 Likes

Hi Advait,

First, we need to retest due to changed EU regulations, here is a paste from the link below:

------

One of the most frequently used standards for approval tests for products with radio technologies is ETSI EN 300 328. The previous version V2.1.1 is now replaced by the new V2.2.2, which means various changes for manufacturers.

In our webinar “Introduction to ETSI EN 300 328 V2.2.2”, we have already reported in detail about the changes in the changeover to V2.2.2, but at this point we would like to point out once again the upcoming expiry of the transition period:

• The transition period for V2.1.1 ends on August 6, 2021.
  • After this transition period, however, products placed on the market must meet the requirements of the new V2.2.2 version.
  • This also applies to long-life products that have been tested according to V2.1.1 and are already on the market:
    • Products that do not comply with V2.2.2 after August 6, 2021 cannot be marketed.

https://www.cetecom.com/en/news/etsi-en-300-328-was-updated-to-v2-2-2/   

-------

Our client's test house has replied with the following feedback and the test standard that they are using together with the section having issues.

The full standard name is ETSI EN 300 328 V2.2.2
And the section they are having trouble with is as follows:

1. Section number: 4.3.1.12、4.3.2.11
For the Bluetooth part, please advise a method for counting the number of data packs on receive in order to test blocking.

2. Section number: 4.3.2.3

As per the email, since the output power was too high with a result of 11.5dBm it caused a failure of PSD(power spectral density), we need to adjust the output power for a retest. 

As the engineer said, generally this volume is 0dBm, but it depends on your requirement of the product, anyway, it shouldn't be that high of 11.5 dBm.

3. Section number: 4.3.2.6、4.3.2.11
This is for the Wifi part, please advise a method to connect the router in order to test adaptivity and blocking.

---------

So this is where the BLE modulated transmit test in particular is failing as the current driver and test scripts do not allow variable power. WE can adjust the TX power on BLE CW, BR modulated/CW but not BLE TX modulated.

Besides the power issue we will also have to get some advice on how to perform the required blocking tests. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi Advait,

It's been some time now and our test house is urently needing an update, can you give me any intormation?

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Hi Advait,

Is there any feedback on this? Our test house is presurring us for some update.   I see other modules have been updated but not this one RF Regulatory Certifications for CYBLE-222005-00 & CYBLE-222014-01 EZ-BLE™ PRoC® Modules - KBA210559

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Ed.

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @EdTy_2191711 ,

We had asked a query on the case management portal where we are dealing with this issue, but we have not got any response. Hence, we are contacting you.

Can you please let me us know which FW version you are currently using and also you want to lower the output power by 3db right?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

Yes the LE power issue has been resolved with the help from yourselves and an Engineering support ticket.  The remaining two  tests are (ETSI EN 300 328)

2, RE: Bluetooth, is there a method or a software for monitoring the amount of the receiving package in order to proceed the blocking test. - Section number: 4.3.1.12 / 4.3.2.11

4, Re: Wi-Fi, please advise the method for connecting with the router in order to proceed the adaptation and blocking tests. - Section number: 4.3.2.6 / 4.3.2.11

Now I have come to understand that the how we are interfacing the 1DX module for these compliance tests has been one of the problems. I say that in the respect that the 1DX module is embedded into our product being tested; however all the advice I've been given has been centred around an application call CyBlueTool. 

As far as I understand CyBlueTool is connected 'directly' to the 1DX module's pins (so to speak) via a carrier or interface board and not through a Linux OS like in our product. Question is how and where can I source one of these carrier/interface boards? 

If I can get one of these interface PCBs then we could use CyBlueTool and complete the rest of the tests.

Thanks.  

0 Likes

Hi @EdTy_2191711 

For the bluetooth, can you check if the following tests are what you require?

advait_kulkarni_0-1672920362289.jpeg

Then end the test, results will be provided – Number of packets

advait_kulkarni_1-1672920423649.jpeg

Also refer to the bluetooth RF testing document I am attaching

For the WIFI part, please go through the document here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an225347-cypress-wi-fi-clm-regulatory-manual
Let us know if this helps.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

Thank you, looks very useful! I'll start with the Bluetooth blocking test over the next few days and will keep you posted. Appreciate your help on this compliance certification as it's  dragged on for a long time. .

Cheers.

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

That command set works well; is there any way to expose the receive 'count' as it's running instead of at the finish?  

Cheers.

0 Likes