RED Regulatory Certification - EN301 radio certification firmware for CYW43430 1DX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdTy_2191711
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

We have this integrated CYW433430 in three of our existing products and one in a new development and are trying to get RED certification and the lab is requesting the test firmware to complete the Declaration of Conformity for European Union’s Radio Equipment Directive test. Please can you supply the necessary firmware test blobs or backport necessary so we can integrate it into our DUT. The module will require testing on both WiFi, Bluetooth and LE Bluetooth.

Thanks.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
8 Replies
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @EdTy_2191711 ,

Thank you for contacting infineon tech support team.
You can find the necessary resources here: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Wi-Fi-Bluetooth-for-Linux/Infineon-Android-Release-2022-09-20/td-p...
Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks and regards.

Advait

0 Likes
EdTy_2191711
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi Advait,

Thanks for your response but within the zip there is no mention or files related to the CYW43430 1DX module. Also, the certification firmware we need is not for Android but existing products using the 1DX; we might have been able to pull out what we needed if it were there! We need the firmware to put the module in to CW test, modulated tests for WiFi and Bluetooth (inc LE) and so on. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello,

I assume you need a manufacturing test (MFG-test) firmware since you are putting the module into the CW test. Right?

Also, the clm blob will remain the same - that is there in the firmware folder of the .zip file.

Thanks

0 Likes
The firmware in the zip is labelled cyfmac55572-pcie.clm_blob; are you saying this will do the 43430 1DX? Our existing test firmware does CW but fails to give the test house the option to regulate the transmit power for modulated carrier on Bluetooth LE - needed for the new EN301. 

Please see the bottom section for our test house report on this page.. https://community.infineon.com/t5/AIROC-Wi-Fi-and-Wi-Fi-Bluetooth/RED-Regulatory-Certification-and-E... 

Thanks.

0 Likes
YashM

No, in the same folder, you will see the file "cyfmac43430-sdio.clm_blob". Please use it for 1DX.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi YashM,

I think I have been sent the wrong link? I have these files in these directories:

cypress/firmware/cyfmac55572-pcie.clam.blob

cyprus/firmware/cyfmac55572-pcie.trxse

cyprus/nvram/cyw955572fcipa_rev2.54.txt

That's pretty much all module files. No *43430* files, no *sdio files either. And just to ask again, these will do RED and EN301? We have had certification test firmware from this site a few years ago for older CE certification but as you know these are recent legal changes (re the link in the last post)

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Hi YashM,

Thanks, the new link was better. Looking through the readme I'ma  little concerned that this is just an update of an older one we already use (v5.4.18-2020_0402).  The big issue we are having is our customer cannot sell existing product into the EU without recertification to the new RED/EN301 standards. The new standards require the driver/blob to be able to vary the transmit power of modulated low energy Bluetooth which the v5.4.18-2020_0402 firmware can not do. I can vary the Bluetooth LE unmodulated power but not LE modulated power. There is a full write up from the test house in my other message on this post (see link). This situation is causes some serious issues for us.    

So before we go to the trouble of building this new version will it be fit for EN301 and RED? Please confirm.

0 Likes
YashM

Sorry, yes a wrong link has been given. Please use the following link - https://community.infineon.com/t5/Wi-Fi-Bluetooth-for-Linux/Cypress-Linux-WiFi-Driver-Release-FMAC-2...

Thanks

0 Likes