Queries about CYW43XXX series chipsets.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Vinayak
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi Infineon Community,

Our required profiles are as follows. 

a) A2DP - (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). 

b) HFP - (Hands-Free Profile).

Kindly clarify my below mentioned queries about CYW43XXX series chip sets.

1. We are using CYW4343WCYW43012 chipsets in our project. By data sheets of these two chipsets we came to know that CYW43012 supports both the profiles. But CYW4343W supports A2DP but no clarity on HFP. So, does it support HFP?
  2. Is A2DP independently used for callsOr HFP is must be used for the calls?
  3. Both mentioned profiles are available in the which SDK and kindly mention the version.
  4. I wanted to connect CYW4343W, CYW43012 chipsets to my STM Microcontroller. So, how can these profiles be used or integrated?
  5. Apart from these chipsets are there any EDR/BLE/WI-FI combo chipsets available to use in our product to fulfil the requirements?
0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @Vinayak 

Can you please confirm whether you wants to use only BT Audio profiles or wifi features also ? 

4343W & 43012 controller supports the features mentioned. However it should be handled by the host stack which you are choosing.  

1. We are using CYW4343WCYW43012 chipsets in our project. By data sheets of these two chipsets we came to know that CYW43012 supports both the profiles. But CYW4343W supports A2DP but no clarity on HFP. So, does it support HFP? A: Yes the chipset supports these profiles 
  2. Is A2DP independently used for callsOr HFP is must be used for the calls? A: HFP will be needed for call handling 
  3. Both mentioned profiles are available in the which SDK and kindly mention the version. A: depends on the host stack you are using. In MTB IDE , it supports PSOC 6 host & anyclod BTstack host stack. It supports only BLE features. WICED Studio SDK supports STM host platform. A2DP examples are available. I need to check on the HFP side. Other option is to use linux or android host stack which handles these profile.  
  4. I wanted to connect CYW4343W, CYW43012 chipsets to my STM Microcontroller. So, how can these profiles be used or integrated? A: For STM, One option is to use WICED SDK or other option is connectivity package available here: https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity For more details & support on this I would suggest you to contact via our local sales / FAE 
  5. Apart from these chipsets are there any EDR/BLE/WI-FI combo chipsets available to use in our product to fulfil the requirements? A: We do have standalone BTBLE products. Please confirm if your application might also need wifi features. So we can suggest accordingly. You may also contact via local sales / FAE to get better understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @Vinayak 

Can you please confirm whether you wants to use only BT Audio profiles or wifi features also ? 

4343W & 43012 controller supports the features mentioned. However it should be handled by the host stack which you are choosing.  

1. We are using CYW4343WCYW43012 chipsets in our project. By data sheets of these two chipsets we came to know that CYW43012 supports both the profiles. But CYW4343W supports A2DP but no clarity on HFP. So, does it support HFP? A: Yes the chipset supports these profiles 
  2. Is A2DP independently used for callsOr HFP is must be used for the calls? A: HFP will be needed for call handling 
  3. Both mentioned profiles are available in the which SDK and kindly mention the version. A: depends on the host stack you are using. In MTB IDE , it supports PSOC 6 host & anyclod BTstack host stack. It supports only BLE features. WICED Studio SDK supports STM host platform. A2DP examples are available. I need to check on the HFP side. Other option is to use linux or android host stack which handles these profile.  
  4. I wanted to connect CYW4343W, CYW43012 chipsets to my STM Microcontroller. So, how can these profiles be used or integrated? A: For STM, One option is to use WICED SDK or other option is connectivity package available here: https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity For more details & support on this I would suggest you to contact via our local sales / FAE 
  5. Apart from these chipsets are there any EDR/BLE/WI-FI combo chipsets available to use in our product to fulfil the requirements? A: We do have standalone BTBLE products. Please confirm if your application might also need wifi features. So we can suggest accordingly. You may also contact via local sales / FAE to get better understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana