Porting guidance for FreeRTOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bemale
Level 3
Level 3
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm preparing to port CYW920706 to FreeRTOS and gathering information about this stuff from your community.

However, there is no docs for CYW20706 directly. I understand and do not expect there are every match cases between your chip and FreeRTOS. So, could you give me a general guide to port your wireless chip to FreeRTOS?

I can follow the way from FreeRTOS, but think the fastest way is following your recommendation.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received
CYW20706 supports ThreadX and this RTOS operation is taken care in FW. So there is no way to change the RTOS totally in the chip.
However you can use host with different RTOS as the only connection is UART to send HCI commands.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received
CYW20706 supports ThreadX and this RTOS operation is taken care in FW. So there is no way to change the RTOS totally in the chip.
However you can use host with different RTOS as the only connection is UART to send HCI commands.

Hello SheetalJ,

I am using CYBT-343026-01 (which contains CYW20706). I was following an exercise 1:  Blink an LED on pg20 in ch02 of this tutorial. The exercise uses CYW920819EVB-02 which I don't have. 

At below location I cannot find the wiced_rtos.h. 

mtb_shared\wiced_btsdk\dev-kit\baselib\20706A2\release-v3.1.0\COMPONENT_20706A2\include

Also, I could not find #include "cycfg.h" in mtb_shared directory.

Does CYW20706 support RTOS? How do I add these files to the project?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @Da_Vinci 

Wiced_rtos.h file is not available on CYW20706. RTOS APIs are not supported on 20706. 

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hello Anjana,

That means all the solution codes given in CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files tutorial will not work on  CYBT-343026-01. Right?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi @Da_Vinci 

Most of the examples on BLE & BR/EDR will be having almost same with respect to the stack event management etc. 

But examples with RTOS APIs will not work on CYW20706. 

Regards
Anjana