Performance between Murata Type 1lv (CYW43012) and STM32H747-DISCO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
danix2k
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I'm evaluating the WIFI/BLE module 1LV by Murata with a STM32H747-Dicovery board and Murata adapter as reported in the PDF file in https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity/tree/master/Documentation

The connection works fine (wifi scan OK and connection OK) and now I'm trying to increase the communication performance; the first test, using LWIP stack as server on MCU and ipref client on windows/linux side gave me only 0.15-0.20MB/s (150kBps) that seems to me very VERY slow using SDIO interface (with 25MHz clock).

Do anybody have any clues to increase this bitrate?

What can I change from the test project (https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity/tree/master/Projects/STM32H747I-DISCO/Applications/wi...) to increase WIFI performance?

Do you also think that LWIP stack is the correct "library" to have good performance (at least 2.5-3.0MB/s)

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi,

STM32 Connectivity Expansion Pack low through-put issue has been addressed and the solution will be released in the coming v1.2.0 release.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakesh_BG

Hi @danix2k ,

You can increase the performance using multiple methods.

1. TCP tuning done using iperf.

You can refer to  -  Tuning a TCP connection section in the document for which link attached below. 

https://iperf.fr/iperf-doc.php#doc

2. Having optimal  lwIP parameters.

Tune the lwIP configuration parameters listed in application's lwipopts.h file, depending on the required Wi-Fi throughput and use case.

3. Testing in less noise environment could give a higher throughput.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes

Hi @Rakesh_BG ,

thanks for your message.

I already tried to change some TCP parameter on lwIP but the throughput remains always the same (and it's very strange).

I also tried to check UDP performance and also in this case it's not good enough.

The main thing is that even if I change micro CLOCK (from 75Mhz to 400Mhz) and SDIO speed (from 25Mhz to 50MHz) it remains always the same value (i.e for UDP 0,65MB/s).

So I think that there is something else than the TCP tuning/lwIP parameters.

What do you think?

Thanks and regards.

0 Likes
danix2k
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have more information to understand the problem.

I also tested UDP throughput and it is around 0.60-0.65MB/s (about 5Mbps).

The big point here is the following: I have the same performance setting CPU CLOCK at 75MHz or 400MHz and setting SDIO CLK to 25MHz to 50MHz. Same result in both test case.

So, it seems to me that is a driver/SW problem in the stm32-connectivity pack.

Has anyone TCP/UDP throughput data result with FreeRTOS and STM32 connectivity pack?

Thanks,

D.

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi,

STM32 Connectivity Expansion Pack low through-put issue has been addressed and the solution will be released in the coming v1.2.0 release.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes