Minimum baud rate on CYW4390

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
meconnell
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Is there a way around the minimum baud rate of 9600 baud on the CYW4390?  I need to get down to 2400 baud.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Please go through the following link. As per this link, the lowest baud rate can be 115200 if the clock source is CLOCK_HT. If CLOCK_ALP is chosen, then it can go down to 9600 baud rate. Unfortunately, 2400 baud rate is not possible for high-speed UART/Fast UART.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Resource-Library/UART-on-CYW943907AEVAL1F/ta-p/246287

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aditi_B

Hi,

I assume you're referring to CYW43907 chipset and by baud rate you're referring to UART peripheral. You can configure the UART parameters and provide the baud rate as 2400 in the structure wiced_uart_config_t. In WICED STUDIO, under the snip folder you'll find a sample application folder named "uart" which does the same. I've attached this application and changed the baud rate to 2400 and attached the output as well. I hope this helps!

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
meconnell
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

It did NOT solve the issue.  It turns out hte CYW43907 has two UARTs.  One is high speed the other is normal speed.  In our design the high speed uart is used  We cannot change our hardware.  I believe 9600 baud is its lowest speed.  Can you confirm?  Is there any way to change some internal divider to get it down to 2400 baud?

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Please go through the following link. As per this link, the lowest baud rate can be 115200 if the clock source is CLOCK_HT. If CLOCK_ALP is chosen, then it can go down to 9600 baud rate. Unfortunately, 2400 baud rate is not possible for high-speed UART/Fast UART.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Resource-Library/UART-on-CYW943907AEVAL1F/ta-p/246287

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes