Future support for CYW943907AEVAL1F as USB mass storage device using sd memory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
akent777
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Is there going to be any future WICED support for USB mass storage with SD memory? The ram disk example is too small for my application and I was told that there is no USB to SDIO bridge to support SD mass storage device capability. Is this a limitation of USBX and/or FILEX?

Do you have any recommendations for large file transfer without mass storage capability?

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi

I don't think we will have any such upgrades in the future for WICED.

Regarding recommendation - I will get back to you on this shortly.

Regards

0 Likes
akent777
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

After modifying the snip\usbx_usb_device\usb_device_storage example project with some amount of trial and error, I was able to get USB mass storage MOSTLY working with SD memory. I can read/write SD memory from PC.

I did this by mounting the SD memory using FILEX and then extracting the FILEX handle and pointing the example USB mass storage code to that rather than the RAM disk media in the original example ie. storage_media_read and storage_media_write functions.

extern wiced_block_device_t block_device_sdmmc;
FX_MEDIA* sd_disk_media = NULL;
wiced_filesystem_t fs_handle;

wiced_filesystem_mount(&block_device_sdmmc,WICED_FILESYSTEM_HANDLE_FILEX,&fs_handle,"_file_system" );

sd_disk_media = &fs_handle.data.filex.handle;

However, it seems to be fragile and the system will freeze on occasion. Can you recommend enabling any filesystem debug to help me troubleshoot the system freezing? Thank you.

0 Likes
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

But to understand the cause properly, can you please share your modified project/code?

Regards

0 Likes