Development Kit for CYW54590

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
michzeng
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

What is the best way to develop for the CYW54590? Relatively new electrical engineer here, and I don't see any development boards or anything similar available for this chip.

0 Likes
1 Solution
howardyu
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - WPG(GC)
First like received 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins
7 Replies
howardyu
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - WPG(GC)

Hi,

You may contact module maker Azureware to pruchase CYW54590 module.

https://www.azurewave.com/wireless-modules-infineon.html

hope it's helpful.

thanks.

Best Regards,

Howard

0 Likes

Hi Howard,

Thank you for the reply! But I was looking for something more like a breakout board for this chip that makes development easier, so we don't have to go straight to a custom PCB. Do you know if something like that exists?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
howardyu
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - WPG(GC)

Hi Michael,

You may consider murata evb.

https://www.murata.com/en-global/products/connectivitymodule/wi-fi-bluetooth/overview/lineup/type1xa

thanks.

Best Regards,

Howrad

Hi Howard,

Thank you so much! That is almost what I was looking for, but looking at the datasheet I realized an issue, Murata's evaluation kit doesn't seem to support bluetooth LE-long range, which I need:

michzeng_0-1678327681475.png

(and neither do any other partner-combo modules for the CYW45490).

Would you have any suggestions for what to do in order to develop for the CYW45490?

Sorry if this is an introductory question, I'm a college student looking to do a very ambitious project 🙂

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
Sven_Wang
250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Hi Michael,

You can find the reference for the LE-long range in our official datasheet. And for the development, you can refer to the wifi software user guide:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN232689_-_Wi-Fi_software_user_guide-ApplicationNotes-v01_00-...

Thanks

Sven

Thank you so much. So, just to clarify, even though Murata's documentation for its cyw54590 module does not mention Bluetooth LE-long range, it is still capable of it?

Additionally, I see that the SDIO pins of the eval kit (link) say they are "Not Connected". The software guide you linked also does not include SDIO in section 2.4, and seems to be for Linux-based host processors (correct me if I'm wrong though). What would you recommend if I would like to use SDIO so that the CYW54590 can interface with an STM32 host processor? Is this doable?

0 Likes
Sven_Wang
250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Hi @michzeng 

About the Evaluation Kit, you are recommended to seek help from your local Infineon representatives.

Thanks

Sven

0 Likes