Debugging download problem app example on Kit CYW954907AEVAL1F

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuisLop
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello, guys!

I have bought the evaluation kit CYW954907AEVAL1F and I am testing it with Wiced Studio 6.6 at Windows 10.

I have downloaded and launched succesfully the example snip.scan. Also, I have debugged it, using the make targets:

• snip.scan-CYW943907AEVAL1F download run
  • snip.scan-CYW943907AEVAL1F-debug download    ---> (and then activating the debug launch).

However, with the example config_join_ping, I can launch it properly (without debugging) but when I want to download the debug part, I can't. The make targets are:

• kits.CYW954907AEVAL1F.config_join_ping-CYW954907AEVAL1F download run     ---> (this works perfectly).
  • kits.CYW954907AEVAL1F.config_join_ping-CYW954907AEVAL1F debug download    --->  (this one has a final error which appears on the console as: ".gdbinit_attach:1: Error in sourced command file:
    localhost:3333: No se puede establecer una conexión ya que el equipo de destino denegó expresamente dicha conexión." The spanish part is translated to english as: "A connection cannot be established as the target machine explicitly denied such a connection."

The debugging configuration is set as indicates @PriyaM_16 at https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Wi-Fi-Combo/wiced-Debug/td-p/159422 

Please, could any one help me? Why can I debug snip.scan but I can't the example config_join_ping?

Many thanks in advance!

Luis

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

The actual build target you are expecting should be:

kits.CYW954907AEVAL1F.config_join_ping-CYW954907AEVAL1F-debug download

You are missing the dash. CYW954907AEVAL1F-debug means to enable debugging support in firmware. Only then can you establish the connection.

Best regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Charles_Lai

Hi,

Can you run a connectivity test directly from your JTAG debugger utilities first? To see whether the link between gdb and debugger or the link between gdb and WICED was malfunctioning.

It seems that your debugger couldn't bridge itself with the WICED Studio.

Best regards

0 Likes

Hello, Charles!

Thank you for your reply. 

I am connecting the board via USB to PC, so I don't know if you are referring to this method of JTAG or another tool.

However, I can say you that I can debug other projects, so I don't think that the problem is on the Wiced Studio and the GDB tool.

Thank you again!

0 Likes
Charles_Lai

Hi,

The actual build target you are expecting should be:

kits.CYW954907AEVAL1F.config_join_ping-CYW954907AEVAL1F-debug download

You are missing the dash. CYW954907AEVAL1F-debug means to enable debugging support in firmware. Only then can you establish the connection.

Best regards

Ohh, Charles, you are right! It's the slash before "debug".

Sorry for wasting your time.

Many thanks!

0 Likes