Change Probe request and Management packets data rate on 43455 chipset.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ApNa_2097886
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

By default the 43455 seems to send probe requests and Auth and Assoc request packets at 1mbps. How can I change this to a higher data rate like 5.5 or 6mbps ?

We are operating in STA mode.

thanks and regards,

Aparna

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

My suggestions are :

1.  to have an RF test to confirm the channel TX/RX performance is ok.

like if we are in a clean environment, rx can run well at 1M rate with the signal level above -95dbm if we are using the conductive test.

2. then check the Antenna performance, and make sure it can run well with some reasonable signal level.

Then we can have a  try in a noisy environment, I think it is not reasonable if you can't receive probe responses at 1M rate, but can run well at 5.5M rate when operating on the same congested channel.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang

Hello:

I think it might be a profile setting, to make sure you can receive the primary function packets, 1M rate should have better RX performance.  What is the aim of modifying the rates? I will have a  search in the driver layer in the first place.

0 Likes
ApNa_2097886
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

The probe request is using the legacy rates , so increases range so at customer site I see a large no of APs hearing the probe request and responding with probe responses congesting the network. We also see sometimes AP rejecting the association request from the device with reason "association denied due to excessive frame loss rates and/or poor conditions on current operating channel” which we suspect is because of the legacy rates that we are using because in the same environment another radio that uses higher data rate for management packets does not get the association failure

0 Likes
Zhengbao_Zhang

hello:

My suggestions are :

1.  to have an RF test to confirm the channel TX/RX performance is ok.

like if we are in a clean environment, rx can run well at 1M rate with the signal level above -95dbm if we are using the conductive test.

2. then check the Antenna performance, and make sure it can run well with some reasonable signal level.

Then we can have a  try in a noisy environment, I think it is not reasonable if you can't receive probe responses at 1M rate, but can run well at 5.5M rate when operating on the same congested channel.

0 Likes