Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yolominwoo
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

During the project, I need to create equipment that can be updated wirelessly using WiFi. So far, the MCU has been implemented to connect to the router. Is it possible to implement the Serial Bridge for Uart using wifi with the cyw43439chip?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I'm complete my Wifi-Serial Bridge With Soft_ap and LWip.

Now, I can see the serial using Wifi(Teraterm)

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anupam_K
50 sign-ins 5 solutions authored 10 replies posted

Hi,

Can you provide more information on the application/equipment that you are building? Are you trying to send UART data over Wi-Fi, or do you want to receive the update over Wi-Fi and then send the update from 43439 to another device via UART. Please clarify on how you want the data to flow.

If possible please provide a block diagram of the architecture that you want to implement.

Thanks,

Anupam

0 Likes

I'm trying send Uart data over Wi-Fi.

Using SSH connect TeraTerm.

yolominwoo_0-1713312239048.png

0 Likes
Anupam_K
50 sign-ins 5 solutions authored 10 replies posted

Hi,

As I understand you are trying to send the update via the wifi. I am not sure if you require to use uart protocol for this. You can refer to the Psoc 6 OTA update code example as a guide for the same. https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-ota-https

You can send uart data over wifi. You can set up the Internet protocols and send the UART packets (individually or as chunks) over Wifi. You might need to add custom fields to the UART chunks before sending them over so that they might be ordered correctly at the receiving side based on your implementation. This will need to be implemented on the MCU.

Please mention if this is not your use case.

Thanks,
Anupam

0 Likes

Nope, I want make just Wifi-Serial Bridge. I'm make other project(not ota).

I should teraterm serial seen without uart usb cable, only using Wifi.

So First, I'will implement softAP, using cy_wcm_start_up.

and Connect my laptop then my MCU send Serial data to MyLaptop.

Now I'm succseful Soft_AP but Can't tcp connect..

0 Likes

I'm complete my Wifi-Serial Bridge With Soft_ap and LWip.

Now, I can see the serial using Wifi(Teraterm)

Thanks.

0 Likes