Can CYW4373 create an access point ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Yahya_Yozo
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hi Guys,

I will be working on the Laird Sterling LWB5+ module which is based on CYW4373 chip

I want to configure to create an access point so I can connect to using my smartphone

I want to know if this module supports creating WI-FI access points, also please provide me with corresponding documents / datasheets /user manual that can help me

Big thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @Yahya_Yozo ,

The direct example code for access point is not available but it is achievable using the API's available. Basically refer that document and setup things for wifi scan and then you can go for access point implementation.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vivek_gunapati
250 replies posted 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Hi @Yahya_Yozo, To help me understand your setup could you please let us know the following 

-> Could you please let us know if you are using a Microcontroller or a Linux microprocessor to communicate with the CYW4373?

Regards
Vivek

I'll be using an STM32 MCU to communicate with CYW4373

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi @Yahya_Yozo ,

You can use stm32 connectivity expansion pack to achieve the requirement.

The link for user guide is attached. 

https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity/blob/master/Documentation/STM32ConnectivityExpansionP...

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

This guide shows an example of a Wi-Fi scan for the available access point , I want the opposite, I want the module to create an access point ?

Is this doable ?

0 Likes

Please provide me with the documents / datasheets /user manuals that can help me, thanks

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi @Yahya_Yozo ,

The direct example code for access point is not available but it is achievable using the API's available. Basically refer that document and setup things for wifi scan and then you can go for access point implementation.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G