CYW43455 frequency list

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Raphael
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,
I'm using this chip on platform which is doing  roaming frequently. The thing is that in fact of the frequency, the roaming time can be from 2 sec to 15 sec.

Did you know if on this chip we can send a blob.bin or something like it to configure the only used frequency. We want to reduce this roaming time as much as possible.

thank you  🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Yes, after setting the country using "wl country XX", you can issue "wl chan_info" or "wl channels" to list out all the available channels for the country XX.

You can set the desired channel using "wl channel YY".

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

CYW43455 has a clm_blob file containing regulatory database of supported country codes and channel mapping per country code. Depending on the country code being used, you can set a particular channel/frequency using the "wl channel XX" command where XX is the desired channel.

0 Likes

The 'wl channel XX" just swap the channel of the chip and not adding it to the list am I wrong?
i have access to a command which is an ioctl to set channel => WL_SET_CHANNEL. is it the same?
I think I'll just change the current frequency of the chip.

As another question, did you know how to get or generate clm_blob file with different country code?
thank you

0 Likes
YashM

Hi

Q. The 'wl channel XX" just swap the channel of the chip and not add it to the list am I wrong?

A. Yes, it will select channel XX. For example - wl channel 1 will select 2.4GHz channel number 1.

Yes, it will change the current frequency of the chip (will change the channel).

Q. As another question, did you know how to get or generate a clm_blob file with a different country code?

A. The clm_blob itself contains multiple countries. To check the list of countries, please use "wl country list" and to select a particular channel - please use "wl country XX" where XX is a 2 letter country code (for example US for USA, CA for Canada, etc.).

Hope that clears your doubt. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Raphael
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Ok thanks,
Not far from the end 😛

then on the blob, can we chose which frequency we want to use among the country list?

0 Likes
YashM

Yes, after setting the country using "wl country XX", you can issue "wl chan_info" or "wl channels" to list out all the available channels for the country XX.

You can set the desired channel using "wl channel YY".

Thanks

0 Likes