Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dhaval
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

@Hello Support team,

We have designed a custom board with NXP I.MXRT1020 MCU and Murata 1MW using freeRTOS. We have an application running on RT1020 which scans the Wi-Fi network and joins the network whose RSSI is better. The software will then continuously performing the ping on google server to verify internet connectivity and communicate with cloud.

Wi-Fi : 1MW
Wi-Fi firmware Version: wl0: Jan 8 2021 06:48:16 version 7.45.230 (984c094 CY) FWID 01-4ab01959
Antenna: Internal antenna as per 1MW certified chip antenna
Host MCU: NXP I.MXRT1020
SDK: WICED with freeRTOS

Setup Information:

We are facing an issue with wi-fi connection stability and packet drop. Device is connected to office wifi mesh infrastructure. Device is 17 Ft away from closest mesh node. Other mesh nodes are 25-30 Ft away. Device is getting ASYNCEVENT with event_type is WLC_E_AUTH and event reason WLC_E_REASON_INITIAL_ASSOC and after that TCP connection with cloud server breaks every time. Device is getting such event and dropping off at 7-8 times per hours at same steady position. 

Debug Logs:
| wwd_wifi.c           | | 2525 | Callback from Function: In wiced_join_events_handler() line 2355
| wifi_handle.c        | | 0182 | Joined a network
| wwd_wifi.c           | | 2525 | Callback from Function: In wiced_join_events_handler() line 2355

Trace from debugger:

Dhaval_0-1634018445968.png

Antenna:

Let me correct myself for Antenna part, We have used PCB Trace Antenna as per below recommendation from Murata.

Type1MW_certification_antenna_design_P2ML6161.dxf followed for Antenna design

Dhaval_1-1634018445970.png

Experiment-1:

Design product will be mounted on wall/table top, which will be always steady after installation. We have tried tweaking below roam setting and that help us to lower down the wifi reassociation and tcp socket connection drop instance. But that note completely resolve disconnection and packet drop.

Roam updated setting:

/* Configure roaming parameters */ //Original WICED roam settings commented
//wwd_wifi_set_roam_trigger( WICED_WIFI_ROAMING_TRIGGER_MODE );
//wwd_wifi_set_roam_delta( WICED_WIFI_ROAMING_TRIGGER_DELTA_IN_DBM );
//wwd_wifi_set_roam_scan_period( WICED_WIFI_ROAMING_SCAN_PERIOD_IN_SECONDS );

/* New setting for roam trigger */
wwd_wifi_set_roam_trigger(-90); //roam trigger set to -90 dBm
wwd_wifi_set_roam_delta(70); //roam delta set to 70
wwd_wifi_set_roam_scan_period( 100 ); //100 seconds roam scan period

Can you suggest what other parameters/configuration to tweak to have optimal performance for wifi connectivity in mesh network, Repeater and extender network or dedicated AP network according to our product usecase?

Regards,

Dhaval

0 Likes
4 Replies