CYW4343W NVRAM issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Shyamjith
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Team,

I am working on CYW4343W where STM32 is the host. After writing NVRAM image into WIFI module(CYW4343W) my SDIO_D1 is going to low state and WL_HOST_WAKE is going to high state and continue in the same state even after clearing the interrupt in CYW4343W register and i am getting  WWD_TIMEOUT(wwd_sdpcm_ioctl_sleep ) while downloading CLM DATA.

We are planning to use OOB interrupt. 

Please verify the below attached NVRAM image and kindly let me know whether the configuration is apt for enabling OOB interrupt in WL_HOST_WAKE.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Shyamjith P

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Shyamjith, You can meddle around with the NVRAM as much as you'd like with values as long as you have a way to revert back to the original config if something goes wrong. Once you have finalized the values, then you could program the OTP. muxenab can be written in the NVRAM and tested before finalizing and programming the OTP.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Murali_R

Can you try with the below and check if it improves the situation?

muxenab=0x10
sd_gpout=0
sd_gpval=1
sd_oobonly=1

0 Likes
Shyamjith
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

We have already written the value for  muxenab=0x11 in our current module. In datasheet its mentioned like muxenab is an OTP.

Shyamjith_0-1650278285870.png

Is it possible to rewrite this value muxenab=0x10. 

Could you please let me know what is the impact on SDIO_D1 and WL_HOST_WAKE if we write muxenab=0x11.

Thank you!

Regards

Shyamjith

0 Likes
Murali_R

Shyamjith, You can meddle around with the NVRAM as much as you'd like with values as long as you have a way to revert back to the original config if something goes wrong. Once you have finalized the values, then you could program the OTP. muxenab can be written in the NVRAM and tested before finalizing and programming the OTP.

0 Likes

Just be absolutely certain of your values before programming them into OTP.  Once you do that, you are committed for all time on that module.

If there is no compelling reason to have values in OTP versus in the NVRAM file, consider leaving the OTP alone and just use NVRAM file.  

OTP is best considered for parameters that are certain to never change, such as MAC address.  

0 Likes