CYW4343W, 8, 9 differences

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

What are the specific differences between the original CYW43438/W and the newer CYW43439?

The packages all seem to be unique along with the specific GPIO that is brought out. This isn't a big issues as those difference will be obfuscated from a certified module perspective.

The CYW43439 appears to have dropped the I2S interface.

Are there any other differences?

Reference Community Posts: 

Which radios Support WPA3? <-- States all three radios support WPA3, even though the datasheets for 8/W haven't been updated.

CYW43438 versus CYW4343W  <-- Identified physical packaging differences between CYW43438 and CYW43439

Greg

0 Likes
2 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

@GrCa_1363456 are you looking at a comprehensive document(not sure if its ready/available yet) explaining what all changed between 43430 and the 43439 or are you looking looking at specifics? If specifics can you let me know which are those for me to put it out here?

0 Likes

Murali,

Thanks for the quick response. 

Customers are asking in general, "What are the main differences between the 4343W, 43438,  and 43439 ?" I interpret that as functions added or removed.

I would also like to know technical (process technology, interface timing changes).

I understand drop in replacement / compatibility questions will be for the module partners. I'm glad to see links to Partner Modules starting to show up on Infineon's Radio Silicon sites such as https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/wireless-connectivity/airoc-wi-fi-plus-bluetooth-combos/cyw4...

Greg

0 Likes