CYW43340 - Regional files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoryEIMTS
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins First question asked

Customer looking using the CYW43340 is looking to make sure the regional settings for the radio are correct.
During driver loading (we are using a linux based platform) we encounter a warning saying that he CLM blob is missing and that the radio may have limited channels.
All I need to resolve this issue is the regional files (at least one that works in the USA at first) so that I can validate the error goes away and performance is acceptable.

That being said, I’m not sure where to find these files. I can find the radio’s firmware when I look for the Broadcom part, but no such luck for regional files.
Do you know where I might be able to find them they used to be on the Cypress website but are now not on the Infineon website?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
50 solutions authored First question asked 250 sign-ins

Hi

You can find the file here: Cypress-Linux-WiFi-Driver-Release-FMAC-2021-10-20 under the firmware folder (cyfmac43340-sdio.bin).

The clm configurations are integrated within the firmware (.bin file). To verify, you can pass the "wl clmver" command.  The output should look something like this: 

CLM DATA: 9.10.76

CLM Import:  1.36.3

You can also pass the "wl country US" command to set the country region to the USA.

Let me know if you have any doubts here.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YashM
50 solutions authored First question asked 250 sign-ins

Hi

You can find the file here: Cypress-Linux-WiFi-Driver-Release-FMAC-2021-10-20 under the firmware folder (cyfmac43340-sdio.bin).

The clm configurations are integrated within the firmware (.bin file). To verify, you can pass the "wl clmver" command.  The output should look something like this: 

CLM DATA: 9.10.76

CLM Import:  1.36.3

You can also pass the "wl country US" command to set the country region to the USA.

Let me know if you have any doubts here.

Thanks

0 Likes